SSC CGL Study Material Book Free PDF >> Download Now
|Quant Booster – A Complete Maths Shortcut Book (850+ Pages)||Get Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
Current Affairs 14th January 2018 (today’s current affairs). Below are the current affairs of 14th January of this year-
- The world’s largest solar-thermal power plant has been given development approval by the South Australian government.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch its 100th satellite at 9.29 am on January 12 from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- Facebook’s Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg and Twitter’s Chief Executive Jack Dorsey will not seek re-election to Walt Disney Co’s board.
- Bollywood megastar Shahrukh Khan will get the Crystal Award at the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting in Davos, along with Hollywood star Cate Blanchett and legendary musician Sir Elton John.
- According to data from the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Rs 68,270 crore were released under various schemes across the country from 2014-15 till November 2017.
- The third edition of the annual Raisina Dialogue will be inaugurated by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on January 16, 2018.
- TCS has signed the ‘largest contract to date’ to become a third party administrator (TPA) for Transamerica.
- In a major digital initiative to help plan the traffic flows and optimize freight operations, Ministry of Railways have launched Smart Freight Operation Optimisation & Real Time Information (SFOORTI) App.
- India’s first plant to convert coal to synthetic gas is to be set up in Odisha under the supervision of state-run gas transmission utility GAIL, the Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said.
- An expert team of IAF mountaineers had successfully scaled highest peaks of six different continents earlier and had recently embarked upon its culminating expedition to Mt Vinson in Antarctica to complete Mission Seven Summits.
- Actress Kajol, an active supporter of eradicating preventable deaths from hygiene-related issues, has become an advocacy ambassador for a Swachh Aadat Swachh Bharat initiative.
- Among all the states, Jharkhand has the highest proportion of girls aged 15-19 years currently married at 49%.
- India has emerged as a top borrower from the China-sponsored Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) with USD 1.5 billion worth of loans last year and USD three billion more in the pipeline.
- India’s retail inflation has reached a 17-month high with a little respite to be seen in the coming months amid a surge in oil prices.
- IDFC Bank will merge with Warburg Pincus-backed Capital First in an all-share deal.
- According to eMarketer, India is now the world’s fastest-growing “proximity mobile payment” market in the world.
- 1122 players from around the world have signed up to be part of the upcoming IPL auction.
- Former world silver medallist Sarjubala Devi representing Manipur claimed the gold in 48 kg category in the National Women’s Boxing Championships.
- Passports may not serve as a valid proof of address anymore. Govt. has decided not to print the last page of the document with the address of the holder.
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|