|SSC CGL,CPO,GD 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
|IBPS Clerk 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
|Quant Booster – A Complete Maths Shortcut Book (850+ Pages)||Download Now|
|Reasoning & GI Booster -Power Bank Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
Around Rs. 97 Crore sanctioned for modernization and development of 102 museums across the country during 2014-15 to 2016-17 under Museum Grant Scheme
There are six national level museums, namely National Museum (New Delhi), National Gallery of Modern Art (branches at Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai), Indian Museum (Kolkata), Victoria Memorial Hall (Kolkata), Salarjung Museum (Hyderabad) and Allahabad Museum (Allahabad), which are under the administrative control of the Ministry of Culture. These museums are providing visitor friendly facilities such as sitting arrangement, drinking water, cafeteria, toilets, lifts, ramp, wheel chairs for disabled persons etc. Ministry of Culture has no Children museum under its administrative control.
Ministry of Culture operates “Museum Grant Scheme”, under which financial assistance is provided to State Governments, voluntary institutions, Societies and trusts registered as a society under the Indian Societies Act of 1860 (XXI) or a similar legislation of the state governments for modernization and development of existing museums.
Dr. Jitendra Singh to inaugurate international yoga fest on 21st march delegates from 16 countries to participate
A 3-day International Yoga Fest from 21-23 March, 2018 will be held at Talkatora Indoor Stadium, New Delhi. International Yoga Fest is being organised as a curtain raiser for International Day of Yoga (IDY) 2018. The event is being organised by Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY).
Informal World Trade Organisation Ministerial Meeting Begins in New Delhi
Commerce and Industry Minister, Shri Suresh Prabhu, welcomed D.G. WTO, Mr. Roberto Azevedo, Ministers and delegates from around 50 countries to New Delhi for attending the Informal WTO Ministerial Meeting on 19-20 March,2018.
A cultural program, “Sangam”, showcasing India’s classical dance forms was enjoyed by the delegates attending the meet. Indian classical dance forms from four different parts of India: Odissi from east, Kathak from north, Bharatanatyam from south and Manipuri from north-east, showcased India’s unity in diversity to delegates from around 50 countries participating in the meeting.
Rs. 37 Crore allocated for “Scheme of Financial Assistance for Creation of Cultural Infrastructure” for 2018-19
Proposed Budgetary allocation in 2018-2019 for “Scheme of Financial Assistance for Creation of Cultural Infrastructure” is Rs.3700 lakh.
The Scheme has the following two components:-
Component-I : Financial Assistance for Building Grants including Studio Theatres.
Component-II : Financial Assistance for Tagore Cultural Complexes (TCC).
During financial year 2017-2018, as on 14-03-2018, total of Rs.2.34 Crores have been utilized under both the scheme components.
8th International Theatre Olympics being held in India with participation of 25000 artists
The National School of Drama (NSD), an autonomous body under the Ministry of Culture is taking various steps to preserve, develop, protect and rejuvenate the culture of India. For this purpose, NSD, is taking various steps through the medium of theatre in this direction.
Indian Navy to host Bilateral Exercise ‘Varuna’ with French Navy
The Indian Navy and the French Navy have conducted bilateral maritime exercises since May 1993. Since 2001, the exercises have been named VARUNA and there have been fifteen editions of the same till date. The last edition of VARUNA was conducted off the French Coast in Apr 2017.
The conduct of VARUNA, and the special impetus on taking this Navy-to-Navy cooperative engagement forward, was reiterated in the Joint Statement made by the Prime Minister of India and the President of France, on the 10th of March 2018.
Entertainment Network signs pact with Adline Media
Entertainment Network (India) Ltd, which runs FM radio across India, today said it has entered into a pact with Adline Media FZ LLC, Dubai to provide advisory services.
“Entertainment Network (India) Ltd…has entered into a strategic brand and content license agreement with Adline Media FZ LLC, Dubai,” the company said in a statement.
Aegis inks pact to merge its biz with StarTek
Aegis, now a company owned by Singapore-based PE firm Capital Square Partners, has entered into an agreement to merge its businesses with NYSE-listed StarTek.
Following the merger, CSP will own 55 per cent of the combined company and the remaining 45 per cent will be held by StarTek shareholders.
Sony India appoints first Indian MD Sunil Nayyar
Sony India on Monday announced the appointment of Sunil Nayyar as its new Managing Director with effect from April 1. Nayyar will be the first Indian Managing Director of Sony India.