Current Affairs 20th January 2018 (today’s current affairs). Below are the current affairs of 20th January of this year-
- The commerce ministry has allowed imports of non-standard steel products through Nhava Sheva, Mumbai and ICD-Tughlakabad in the national capital.
- A second passenger bus to Kolkata via Dhaka was started from Agartala, Tripura, to give a boost to the trans-border relationship between India and Bangladesh.
- The Jewish community has markd Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Mumbai visit with the launch of ‘Namaste Shalom’, a regular monthly magazine on bilateral relations between the two friendly nations.
- Britain has announced the world’s first public register that requires overseas companies that own or buy property in the country to provide details of their ultimate owners.
- India has joined the Australia Group export control regime, an informal forum which seeks to ensure that exports do not contribute to development of chemical or biological weapons.
- Amplus Energy Solutions announced entering into a pact with private sector lender Yes Bank for strategic tie-up to co-finance projects in the solar energy space in India.
- India’s most-valued lender HDFC Bank Ltd crossed Rs5 trillion market capitalisation for the first time, making it only the third Indian company to achieve this milestone.
- Thomson Reuters Corp has published its debut “Top 100 Global Technology Leaders” list with Microsoft Corp in the no. 1 spot.
- Basketball Hall of Famer Jo Jo White, a two-time NBA champion with the Boston Celtics and an Olympic gold medalist, has died.
- Former Brazil and Barcelona midfielder Ronaldo has retired from professional football.
- GST Council has reduced the tax rate on 29 goods and 53 categories of services by bringing them in lower category.
- Tata Steel has raised $1.3 billion by issuance of unsecured bonds in the international markets.
|GovernmentAdda Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test Series 2018|