Current Affairs 21st January 2018 (today’s current affairs). Below are the current affairs of 21st January of this year-
- After gaining entry into two export control regimes – MTCR and Wassenaar, India has joined the Australia Group (AG), which seeks to ensure that exports do not contribute to the development of chemical or biological weapons.
- Shri Hardeep S. Puri , Minister of State (I/C) for Housing & Urban Affairs has announced the Round 4 winning cities of National Smart Cities Challenge.
- In a path breaking initiative to empower Persons with Disabilities, 100 Accessible websites of various State Governments/UTs under Accessible India Campaign were launched by the Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot in New Delhi.
- Maitre-2, the second passenger bus to Kolkata via Dhaka is started from Agartala, Tripura, to give a boost to the trans-border relationship between India and Bangladesh.
- Former Gujarat chief minister Anandiben Patel has been named the next Madhya Pradesh Governor.
- Divers of Great Maya Aquifer Project have discovered world’s largest underwater cave in Mexico.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), announced the Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative in association with National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and industry partners at an inaugural event in Delhi.
- Axis Bank is partnering with NGO Srijan through an initiative called Buddha Fellowship Programme to help nurture talent for the development sector.
- Mangalajodi Ecotourism Trust of Odisha was awarded the “Innovation in Tourism Enterprise” award, at the 14th UNWTO (United Nations World Tourism Organisation) Awards ceremony in Madrid, Spain.
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launched Girl Child Week programme to celebrate the girl child and spread awareness on gender equality.
- The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) celebrated its 13th Raising Day in New Delhi.
- Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was on a six-day official visit to India starting from January 14, 2018.
- The government appointed senior IAS officer S Selvakumar as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Ltd (SPMCIL).
|GovernmentAdda Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test Series 2018|
|SBI Clerk 2018: Take 30 Mocks. 1 Free Attempt Now|
|SBI PO 2018: Take 30 Mocks. 1 Free Attempt Now|
|SSC CHSL 2018: Take 30 Tests. 1 Free Attempt Now|
|RBI Grade B 2018: Take 25 Mocks. 1 Free Attempt Now|
|UPSC CSE 2018: Take a Free Test Attempt Now|