Current Affairs 22nd January 2018 (today’s current affairs). Below are the current affairs of 22nd January of this year-
- IPS officer Sudeep Lakhtakia was appointed as the new director general of National Security Guard (NSG).
- In an initiative to empower Persons with Disabilities, 100 websites of various State Govts/UTs under Accessible India Campaign were launched.
- The environment ministry has placed restrictions on the use of imported petroleum coke in Delhi & its surrounding region to curb rising air pollution.
- Prime Minister Modi will lead the largest-ever Indian delegation to the 48th annual meeting of World Economic Forum when he leaves for Davos, Switzerland.
- President Kovind felicitated exceptional women achievers who are the first to set a milestone in their respective fields at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- After gaining entry into two export control regimes – MTCR and Wassenaar, India has joined the Australia Group (AG), which seeks to ensure that exports do not contribute to the development of chemical or biological weapons.
- US govt has officially shutdown for the 1st time in 5 yrs after lawmakers failed to agree on a spending deal.
- UN special rapporteur for human rights in Myanmar, Yanghee Lee visited Rohingya refugee camp in Bangladesh’s coastal town of Cox’s Bazar.
- Axis Bank is partnering with NGO Srijan through an initiative called Buddha Fellowship Programme to help nurture talent for the development sector.
- Mauritius was the largest source of foreign investment in India, followed by the US and the UK, according to a census by the Reserve Bank.
|GovernmentAdda Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test Series 2018|
|SBI Clerk 2018: Take 30 Mocks. 1 Free Attempt Now|
|SBI PO 2018: Take 30 Mocks. 1 Free Attempt Now|
|SSC CHSL 2018: Take 30 Tests. 1 Free Attempt Now|
|RBI Grade B 2018: Take 25 Mocks. 1 Free Attempt Now|
|UPSC CSE 2018: Take a Free Test Attempt Now|