Current Affairs 23rd January 2018 (today’s current affairs). Below are the current affairs of 23rd January of this year-
- The Raipur Municipal Corporation in Chhattisgarh organised the three-day Kachra Mahotsav 2018, India’s first Garbage Festival.
- The Trump administration plans to open the US embassy in Jerusalem by the end of 2019.
- The government’s decision to ban the import of vehicles which are not equipped with air bags and seat belts and below the emission levels or its equivalent as prescribed by Euro IV, has been postponed to July 1.
- India is projected to grow at 7.4% of its gross domestic product (GDP) in 2018 as against China’s 6.8%, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), making it the fastest growing economy among emerging economies following last year’s slowdown due to demonetisation and the implementation of goods and services tax (GST).
- The revenue department said the last date for GSTR-3B return filing for December has been extended by two days to January 22.
- Industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Ficci) said it had appointed Dilip Chenoyas its director general.
- Global icon Shah Rukh Khan received the 24th Crystal Award, here in Davos for “his leadership in championing children’s and women’s rights in India“.
- Lt Governor Anil Baijal felicitated children who have been conferred the National Bravery Award 2017 at a function held at the Raj Niwas.
- Major FKK Sircar (Retd.), the longest living army veteran, at 101 years of age proceeded to his heavenly abode and breathed his last.
- The Nation pays homage to India’s great freedom fighter Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on his 121st birth anniversary. It was on this day in 1897, Netaji was born in Cuttack, Odisha.
|GovernmentAdda Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test Series 2018|