Current Affairs 26th January 2018 (today’s current affairs). Below are the current affairs of 26th January of this year-
- Flagging off the 8th National Voters Day Celebrations scheduled to be held on 25th January 2018, Election Commission of India (ECI) hosted a one-day International Conference on the subject ‘Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in the Election Process’ in New Delhi.
- SARAS PT1N (14 seater) designed and developed by CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories (CSIR-NAL), a frontline aerospace research laboratory, has successfully made its maiden flight.
- Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Shri Rakesh Srivastava launched the Phase -1 i.e. the beneficiary module of the Rapid Reporting System for the Scheme for Adolescent Girls – a web based on line monitoring for the Scheme for Adolescent Girls in New Delhi.
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari, will lay the foundation stone for an Intermodal Terminal at Ghazipur in Uttar Pradesh.
- The 16th International Energy Forum (IEF) Ministerial meeting will be held in New Delhi on April 10 to 12.
- Around 40%, or 129, of the 325 air routes awarded under the second phase of the regional connectivity scheme were for Northeastern and hill states.
- The new upgraded version of SARAS, the indigenous transport aircraft developed by National Aeronautics Laboratory, “successfully” made its maiden flight in Bengaluru.
- India has moved up on a global index of talent competitiveness to the 81st position.
- Lifter Rakhi Halder created a new national record in clean and jerk to a gold medal in the 63kg women’s category in the 33rd Women Senior National Weightlifting Championships, in Mangaluru, Karnataka.
- Actor Krishna Kumari (84), who has acted in over 200 Telugu, Tamil and Kannada films and dominated the south Indian film industry for more than two decades, died at her Bengaluru residence.
|GovernmentAdda Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test Series 2018|