SSC CGL Study Material Book Free PDF >> Download Now
|Quant Booster – A Complete Maths Shortcut Book (850+ Pages)||Get Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
Current Affairs 3rd January 2018 (today’s current affairs). The below are the current affairs of 3rd January of this year-
- Senior diplomat Vijay Keshav Gokhale was y appointed a foreign secretary for a two-year fixed term, succeeding S Jaishankar who completes his tenure on January 28, according to an official order.
- Vidarbha claimed their maiden Ranji Trophy after beating Delhi by nine wickets in the final of India’s premier domestic tournament in Indore.
- Shooter Shahzar Rizvi ended a brilliant 2017 by winning the Men’s 10m Air Pistol Gold at the 61st National Shooting Championship (NSCC), at the Karni Singh Shooting Range in New Delhi.
- With the closure of RBI s deadline to resolve the 28 identified large stressed accounts in the second list, banks are gearing up to refer as many as 24 of them for insolvency proceedings.
- State Bank of India is set to initiate insolvency proceedings against at least a dozen defaulting companies including Videocon Industries after failing to recast their loans by the December deadline.
- Veteran Business leader Kiran Mazumdar Shaw urged political class to emulate the good governance module for better transparency and accountability.
- State-run Gas (India) Limited (GAIL) placed orders for another 400-km natural gas pipeline project under ambitious Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga (PMUG).
- Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates introduced a value-added tax, a first for the Gulf which has long prided itself on its tax-free.
- Mali President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita has appointed Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga – a former defence and foreign minister and intelligence chief – as the new prime minister.
- In a big leap forward to empower women, the Minister of Women & Child Development, Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi has inaugurated an online portal NARI in New Delhi.
- The Yogi Adityanath government has released its ‘Uttar Pradesh Electronics Manufacturing Policy’ under which Noida, Greater Noida and the Yamuna Expressway region has been declared as an electronics manufacturing zone.
- The entire Nagaland has been declared as “disturbed area” for six more months, till June- end, under the controversial AFSPA, which empowers security forces to conduct operations anywhere and arrest anyone without any prior notice.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has declared 2018 as Telugu promotion year.
- The Lok Sabha passed the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill, 2017, which disqualifies wilful defaulters and existing promoters from bidding for stressed assets of companies undergoing insolvency proceedings.
- The three-day long 78th session of the Indian History Congress begun in Kolkata, West Bengal. The Indian History Congress had six sections this time – Ancient India, Medieval India, Modern India, Countries Other than India, Archaeology and Contemporary India.
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|