Current Affairs 5th January 2018 (today’s current affairs). Below are the current affairs of 5th January of this year-
- The Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank (APGVB) started its first ATM’s in Telangana state. Customers can withdraw a small amount of money and can perform some other bank activities.
- Scientists discover four new balsam species from different locations in Eastern Himalayas, Arunachal Pradesh state. They named as Impatiens haridasanii, Impatiens pseudocitrina, Impatiens nilalohitae and Impatiens roingensis.
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has issued Rs 372.51 crore loan for Odisha state under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) for irrigation and rural bridge projects.
- Rajinder Khanna elected as Deputy National Security Adviser (NSA). Previous he worked as chief of the country’s external intelligence agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).
- Union Cabinet has announced that India and Israel signed MoU on cooperation in the Oil and Gas Sector. This will help technology transfer, R&D, conducting joint studies, capacity building of human resources and collaboration in Start-ups in both countries.
- During winter session of the Parliament, Bhima-Koregaon violence sentenced in Rajya Sabha.
- Tournament organizers said that Andy Murray has pulled out of the Australian Open due to his hip injury.
- -20 degrees Celsius in Kargil Kashmir. This freezing point temperature in Kashmir Valley is continued for next two days.
- UIDAI denied a media report claiming a breach of Aadhaar data and said biometric information is fully safe and secure.
- UP government has issued an Express of Interest (EoI) application to establish an airport at Jewar near New Delhi.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will give water desalinization and purification jeep as a gift to India PM Narendra Modi.
|GovernmentAdda Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test Series 2018|