Current Affairs 6th January 2018 (today’s current affairs). Below are the current affairs of 6th January of this year-
- Carnatic singer, Radha Viswanathan passed away in Bengaluru. Radha Viswanathan is the daughter of famous classical singer M S Subbulakshmi.
- An Indian-origin banker Ravi Menon, managing director of Singapore’s central bank Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has been named as the best central bank governor in Asia-Pacific for 2018.
- Paytm Payments Bank has partnered with Induslnd Bank to introduce a facility to create a fixed deposit when the customer balance exceeds Rs 1 lakh at the end of day.
- The Telangana Industrial Health Clinic Limited (TIHCL) has secured the RBI approval for becoming a non-banking finance company (NBFC).
- The Indian economy is expected to decelerate to 6.5% in 2017-18 from 7.1% in the previous year, because of demonetisation and goods and services tax (GST).
- Iceland has stepped up for equality and has become the first country in the world to legalise equal pay. The country aims to eradicate gender pay inequality by the year 2022 .
- India has excluded Pakistan from the list of Saarc member countries with which it will be connecting its state-of-the art National Knowledge Network (NKN) for sharing scientific databases and remote access to advanced research facilities.
- The Himalayan Hydro Expo 2018 begins at Kathmandu, Nepal.The President of Nepal Bidya Devi Bhandariinaugurated the exhibition.
- Boeing will set up a training facility for its P-8I warfare aircraft at the naval air station INS Rajali, near Arakkonam in Tamil Nadu.
- The fourth edition of the Tamil Nadu International Balloon Festival will be held in Pollachi near Coimbatore.
- The 26th edition of New Delhi World Book Fair is all set to begin in New Delhi.
- The West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee inaugurated its own State symbol.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) presented the new Rs 10 banknote under the Mahatma Gandhi (New) series.The central bank has announced that it will launch the new currency note as legal tender soon.
|GovernmentAdda Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test Series 2018|