130+ SSC CGL Previous Papers With Solution Free >> Download Now
|Download Quant Power Book (800+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
Directions (1-10): Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
1. After a ___________ review it was found that many financial institutions don’t have proper __________ in place and could unwillingly be financing illegal activities.
a) routine, checks
b) periodic, space
c) schedule, standard
d) custom, timing
e) suddenly, system
2. Reform is set to gain ___________ as much of the spade work for a vibrant economy such as _________ laws on taxes and banking are underway.
a) steam, specialising
b) advantage, fix
c) pace, amending
d) tame, modify
e) weight, compensating
3. Television can be a great democratic __________, but it can also be an electoral ____________ at least if good sense and the rules are ignored.
a) authority, assistance
b) medium, facility
c) source, support
d) enabler, impediment
e) instrument, bottleneck
4. The __________ of the bus was arrested two days after the incident. Women’s safety was the key ____________ behind the big push for sanitation in the villages.
5. She __________ slum area and struggles hard to reach her workplace everyday. Despite the existence of safety norms, many private buses plying in Malabar continue to violate all norms risking the ___________ of passengers.
6. The main reason youth unemployment has __________ in this region is the depth of the recession in these countries and the chances of improvement are __________ unless governments kick-start their economies.
a) fallen, negligible
b) risen, visible
c) grown, create
d) soared, remote
e) collapsed, much
7. It is ___________ that 400 million Indian passengers will want to fly in or out of the country by 2050 and unless the airport facility is improved it will be __________ to handle this traffic.
a) though, easier
b) assume, worrisome
c) estimated, difficult
d) typical, perfect
e) expected, able
8. The central bank’s concern over the external environment is valid, as is its ____________ to allow a gentle __________ of the rupee and shut out volatility.
a) appetite, backup
b) inclination, depreciation
c) preference, push
d) susceptibility, pull
e) impulse, reduction
9. Almost 90% of the spices produced are utilized within the country, and only the __________ is exported. Rohit was advised to take __________ since he broke his leg in the accident.
10. For the country as a whole more than half the population __________ regular electricity as connection to the national grid are ___________ and generators are expensive.
a) deficient, dependable
b) want, running
c) lack, unenviable
d) short, faded
e) requiring, funny
11. Talks and negotiations to resolve the dispute have taken place from time to time, but any attempt __________.
(a) to forge an agreement was based on a report by the fact finding committee
(b) to reject the agreement was not formulated
(c) at reaching a solution has proved abortive
(d) to acquire dark shades has been inconsequential
(e) to solve the problem requires further investigation
12. Through poetry, __________ can be drawn towards the imperishable beauties of the universe, with no cost and consternation.
(a) the attention of the lethargic and the inert
(b) the entire gamut of human passions and pathos
(c) all types of real or imaginative literature
(d) the latent talent of writing
(e) that section of society which thinks in a negative way
13. The tendency to avoid problems and the emotional suffering inherent in them is the __________.
(a) outstanding agony in life
(b) major reason for calamity
(c) only solution left with humanity
(d) primary basis of failures in life
(e) best way of leading a life
14. The benefits of the technology will be limited by the fact that any technology used in a business will give returns __________.
(a) only when applied to an inefficient organisation
(b) only when applied to an efficient organisation
(c) when connected to humanity
(d) only when it is laborious and intricate
(e) when pursued selflessly
15. When trying times come, __________ from those who have struggled and subdued the defiant destiny.
(a) one should learn a lesson
(b) one should take an example
(c) one should get the inspiration
(d) one should persevere and plod
(e) one should be grateful
1. Answers: a) routine, checks
2. Answer: c) pace, amending
3. Answer: d) enabler, impediment
4. Answer: e) Driver
5. Answer: a) Lives
6. Answer: d) soared, remote
7. Answer: c) estimated, difficult
8. Answer: b) inclination, depreciation
9. Answer: d) Rest
10. Answer: c) lack, unenviable
11. Answer: (c) at reaching a solution has proved abortive
12. Answer: (a) the attention of the lethargic and the inert
13. Answer: (e) best way of leading a life
14. Answer: (b) only when applied to an efficient organisation
15. Answer: (c) one should get the inspiration
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|