|RRB NTPC 2019 Free Speed Test||Attempt Right Now|
|150+ RRB NTPC Previous Solved Papers PDF||Free Download Now|
|RRB NTPC Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|India’s Rank 1 SBI PO Online Complete Course||Register Today|
|SSC CGL,CPO,GD 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
Directions(Q.1-10): Select the appropriate conjunctions to complete the sentences.
Q1. The Vaal River is one of the major rivers in South Africa but the runoff is not constant which means that large dams have to be built —- store water for use.
1. notwithstanding 2. regardless of 3. so as to 4. thanks to 5. with the aim of
Q2. Due to —- a lack of production —- increasing housing prices, Liverpool is now ranked as one of the least affordable cities countrywide.
1. neither / nor 2. no sooner / than 3. scarcely / before 4. both / and 5. hardly / when
Q3. Mike has been told he will have to pay the fine —- his high rank in the military.
1. even if 2. furthermore 3. on grounds that 4. despite 5. on purpose that
Q4. Some people believe vaccines overload our immune system, making it less able to react to other diseases —- meningitis or AIDS, which are now threatening our health.
1. but for 2. lest 3. with the aim of 4. whereas 5. such as
Q5. Continued high-blood pressure is dangerous —- it can increase the risk of heart disease and stroke.
1. however 2. so that 3. as 4. no matter although 5. for instance
Q6.They like to keep their old houses rather than building the new ones —- it is very hard and expensive to maintain them.
1. because 2. even though 3. on the contrary 4. on account of 5. for example
Q7.The inhabitants of our village claim that pedestrians have no choice but to risk their lives crossing the dangerous road as there is —- a pedestrian bridge —- a crosswalk.
1. not only / but also 2. both / and 3. neither / nor 4. no sooner / than 5. hardly / when
Q8. —- the Oscar Reward, the Cannes Film Festival is the biggest event which takes place in May in the South of France.
1. Except for 2. Such as 3. Lest 4. Unless 5. But
Q9. —- vaccination has eliminated naturally occurring polio in North and South America, rare cases continue to occur in developing countries of Africa.
1. However 2. Although 3. As a result of 4. Hence 5. Moreover
Q10. The economy in China is booming; —- many foreign investors are planning to enter China’s market.
1. nonetheless 2. even if 3. so as to 4. in addition to 5. that’s whySolution
|GovernmentAdda Recommends||Online Tyari Mock Test|
|RRB Group D Speed Test Attempt Now||Attempt Now|
|Railway RRB Pshyco Complete Package||Get It Now|
|SSC CHSL, CGL Mock Test (1 free+30 Paid)||Attempt Now|
|RRB JE Free Study Material PDF Books||Free Download Now|
|FCI Free Study Material PDF Books||Free Download Now|
|SSC JE Free Study Material PDF Books||Free Download Now|
|Download Quant Power Bank (1000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Reasoning & GI Booster -Power Bank Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|