|RRB Junior Engineer Best Mock Test Series||Get RRB JE Mock Now|
|RRB Junior Engineer Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|IB Security Assistant Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|NIACL AO Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|Best Mock Test Series for All SSC Exams||Get SSC Prime Now|
|SSC CGL,CPO,GD 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
Directions (Q.1-10): In each one of the following sentences, there are two blank spaces. Below each sentence, there are five pairs of words denoted by numbers (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E). Find out which pair of words can be filled up in the blanks and make the sentence meaningfully complete.
Q.1 The brouhaha over President Pranab Mukherjee withholding —— to the disqualification removal bill passed by the Delhi Assembly has only ——-the real issue.
1. dissent, escalated 2. denial , prejudice 3. assent, obfuscated 4. adamant, qualif 5. strange, equal
Q.2 The court says “this court has given categorical clarification on more than one occasion that an Office of —– is an Office which is capable of yielding a profit or ——–gain”.
1. loss, peculiar 2. Profit, pecuniary 3. Average, Outstanding 4. interest, loss 5. selfless, professional
Q.3 It becomes thus clear that an office to —- no salary or remuneration is attached or which is not capable —– yielding a profit is not an office of profit.
1. whom, off 2. who, at 3. which, of 4. what, about 5. which, with
Q.4 Ministers are appointed by the President. He administers the oath of —– and —– to them.
1. Parliament, policy 2. District, state 3. home, 4. office, secrecy 5. administration, secrecy
Q.5 A funny argument heard on a prominent—— channel held that it was wrong and illegal for the Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government to create these posts without the backing of a law. This —– is born out of total ignorance of the Constitution.
1. media, expression 2. Social, engagement 3. medium, conclusion 4. platform, idea 5. television, argument
Q.6 With India now acknowledged as the fastest growing large —– in the world and also edging up in the World Bank’s ease of doing business rankings, the time is ripe for the country to open its —– wider to Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
1. society, population 2. Authority , way 3. state, windows 4. economy, doors 5. market, acceptance
Q.7 There is —– doubt that right-wing nationalist politicians and parties across Europe ——- take comfort from Brexit: it would give them a powerful new example with which to attack domestic and European elites.
1. few, shall 2. little, would 3. a little, might 4. many, should 5. most, must
Q.8 It is certain that the Iranian leadership would have —–note of these and did not —- it an issue.
1. taken, make 2. took, made 3. take, make 4. taken, considered 5. done, feel
Q.9 In this context, it seems unfair to expect the ill-equipped local bodies to rise to the —— and support major urban schemes launched by the Narendra Modi government, including the development of 100 smart cities, rejuvenation of 500 cities —– the AMRUT scheme, and the Housing For All initiative.
1. function, inside 2. level, above 3. occasion, under 4. hight, into 5. altitudes, in
Q.10 India is all but sure to have an Indian as head coach. As the search for India’s new coach enters the final phase, the recommendation—— is set to interview five candidates in Kolkata on Tuesday to —– on the one best suited for the most sought-after job in the game.
1. panel, zero in 2. authority, follow 3. committee, allow 4. Conference, discharge, 5. people, dismantle
|Download Quant Power Bank (1000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Reasoning & GI Booster -Power Bank Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|