|150+ RRB NTPC Previous Solved Papers PDF||Free Download Now|
|RRB NTPC Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|Download Quant Power Bank (1000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|RRB Junior Engineer Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|SSC JE Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|SSC CGL,CPO,GD 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
The NITI Aayog launched the first Delta ranking (incremental progress) for the Aspirational Districts, based on self-reported data of districts between March 31, 2018 to May 31, 2018, across five developmental areas of Health and Nutrition, Education, Agriculture and Water Resources, Financial Inclusion and Skill Development, and Basic Infrastructure.
Shri Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog, highlighted the keen interest displayed by the districts to provide real-time data points by filling up the Champions of Change Dashboard.
The Districts started entering data from 1st April, 2018 in the Champions of Change Dashboard and 108 districts out of total 112, participated in this ranking. Data entry by remaining four districts is also in progress, though they are not part of this ranking.
The delta ranking is computed in a transparent manner for combined improvements made during April and May 2018.
Some of the data points have been sourced from Central Ministries viz. Financial Inclusion, Skill Development and 3 indicators of Basic Infrastructure – Household Electricity Connections, Household Toilets and Rural Drinking Water. Most of the data points, however, have been self-reported by the various districts themselves.
|The purpose of Delta Ranking of Aspirational Districts is to spur a sense of competition among the dynamic teams in the districts.
As these districts face many challenges including legacy, weak resource base, deficit of manpower, etc, the ranking is also a tool to identify sectors and indicator specific challenges so that ‘Team India’ hub, which is driving this programme, can take immediate corrective measures.
Rankings of few districts
• Dahod district of Gujarat improved 19.8 points to rank 1st in the Delta ranking and was Ranked 17th in Baseline ranking.
• Asifabad district of Telangana, which was ranked 100 in Baseline ranking released in March 2018, made significant improvements in past two months and stood at 15 in Delta ranking.
• West Sikkim district of Sikkim stood second with 18.9 points, a huge improvement from being in the 30th position in Baseline ranking.
• Bijapur district in Chhattisgarh also made significant improvement by gaining 14.7 points, fetching 6th position in Delta ranking. It ranked at 45th position in Baseline ranking.
Data entry by districts
• The Districts began entering data from April 1, 2018 in the Champions of Change Dashboard and a total of 108 districts out of total 112 participated in this ranking.
• Data entry by remaining four districts is also in progress, though they are not part of this ranking.
• The delta ranking was computed in a transparent manner for combined improvements made during April and May 2018.
• Some of the data points have been sourced from Financial Inclusion, Skill Development and 3 indicators of Basic Infrastructure – Household Electricity Connections, Household Toilets and Rural Drinking Water.
• Most of the data points have been self-reported by the various districts themselves.
About ‘Transformation of Aspirational Districts’ programme
Launched by the Hon’ble PM in January this year, the ‘Transformation of Aspirational Districts’ programme aims to quickly and effectively transform some of the most underdeveloped districts of the country.
The broad contours of the programme are Convergence (of Central & State Schemes), Collaboration (of Central, State level ‘Prabhari’ Officers & District Collectors), and Competition among districts driven by a Mass Movement or a Jan Andolan. With States as the main drivers, this program will focus on the strength of each district, identify low-hanging fruits for immediate improvement, measure progress, and rank districts.
The Government is committed to raising the living standards of its citizens and ensuring inclusive growth for all – SabkaSaath, SabkaVikas.
To enable optimum utilization of their potential, this program focuses closely on improving people’s ability to participate fully in the burgeoning economy. Health & Nutrition, Education, Agriculture & Water Resources, Financial Inclusion & Skill Development, and Basic Infrastructure are this programme’s core areas of focus.
After several rounds of consultations with various stakeholders, 49 key performance indicators have been chosen to measure progress of the districts. Districts are prodded and encouraged to first catch-up with the best district within their state, and subsequently aspire to become one of the best in the country, by competing with, and learning from others in the spirit of competitive & cooperative federalism.
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Reasoning & GI Booster -Power Bank Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|