130+ SSC CGL Previous Papers With Solution Free >> Download Now
|Download Quant Power Book (800+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
College phase is undoubtedly the best and important period of our lives. Be it hostel, college canteen, friends, academics or last night assignment submissions. Life is carefree as shown in the movie Rang De Basanti.
But as you approach final year, slowly you start thinking about your future career plans. Few opt for higher studies, few plan for a job related to their subject domain and few have a desire to be part of government services.
If you have an aim of becoming a government officer, in this article, we will share some strategies to prepare for government services like UPSC Civil services and SSC CGL Exam while you are in college final year.
When to start your UPSC civil services preparation
The Civil Services Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) each year. It is conducted in 3 stages: Prelims, Mains and Personality Interview.
It is one of the toughest exams and you need typically 10-12 months to prepare for it. So, the ideal time to start its preparation is when you are in a pre-final year.
Important tips for UPSC exam preparation
- Your preparation should be holistic with focus on all the three phases of the exam.
- Start with the fundamentals and finish off the NCERTs in the pre-final year. Make elaborate notes while you read. These notes will come out handy during revision.
- Develop a habit of newspaper reading. It is suggested that you read, either The Hindu or The Indian Express on a daily basis for a strong hold on current affairs.
- Select your optional subject carefully giving importance to your area of interest.
- Draft a realistic time table for yourself, devoting at least 2-3 hours for UPSC preparation during your final year of graduation.
- It is also good time to cover the syllabus of your chosen optional subject.
- Try to understand the examination trend and pattern by analysing the previous year question papers of both prelims and Mains exam.
Tips for preparing SSC CGL exam
- SSC CGL exam requires relatively less time and effort for preparation when compared to CSE. So you can start preparation in the final year.
- Know the exam pattern and syllabus. The SSC CGL Syllabus mainly include English, Maths, General Knowledge, Statistics, and General Studies (Finance and Economics).
- Mathematics and English comprehension plays a key role for scoring good marks in SSC CGL.
- It is advised that you thoroughly complete the syllabus and practice as many mock tests as you can.
- You may prepare by yourself or join online coaching if classes are far from your college.
There are some important exams where the syllabus overlaps with Civil services and SSC CGL. You can definitely consider to write these exams as well.
- UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant ‘Group A’
- IBPS PO
- SBI PO
- State PSC Exams
Government recruitment examinations are surely tough and competitive to crack but with a well planned and well executed strategy you can be successful in clearing any government examination.
All the best!
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|