|RRB Junior Engineer Best Mock Test Series||Get RRB JE Mock Now|
|RRB Junior Engineer Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|IB Security Assistant Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|NIACL AO Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|Best Mock Test Series for All SSC Exams||Get SSC Prime Now|
|SSC CGL,CPO,GD 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana
As per 71st round of National Sample Survey Office (NSSO), 86% of rural households and 82% of urban households do not have access to any health insurance/assurance. Moreover, more than 20% of households in India have met their expenses through borrowings. Considering this in mind, Govt. of India, in Union Budget 2018-19 announced Ayushman Bharat scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) is a part of Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Scheme. It aims to provide healthcare assurance of Rs.5 lakh/family/year to 10.74 crore families, selected on the basis of Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data.
Key features of the scheme
1. Easy access to medical treatment – Each year thousands die in India due to lack of medical care.vMost of these individuals were poor and could not afford high medical expenditure. With the
implementation of this project, poor people will receive free medical treatment.
2. Medical insurance amount – Under this scheme, all applicants will be able to attain a medical insurance scheme that amounts to a whopping 5 lakhs. This amount is for one financial year.
3. Number of beneficiaries – This scheme offers this cashless treatment and medical insurance benefits to as many as 10.74 individuals. Only those people will be able to apply who have their names registered in the SECC-2011 Data list.
4. Implementation in all areas – The scheme will be implemented in all parts of the nation.
5. Flexibility of implementation – The central government has highlighted some implementation methods for easy of operations. Each state will be able to choose the implementation mode that suits its needs.
6. For both villages and cities – People, living in rural areas as well as cities will be able to enroll for this scheme as long as they fulfill other eligibility criteria. 85% and 60% beneficiaries have been identified from villages and urban settlements respectively.
7. Listed hospitals only – The cashless and paperless treatment will be available only if the patients get admission in empanelled hospitals.
PMJAY is one step towards Universal Health coverage. It is critical for reducing the disease burden of the country. India spends just 1.4% of GDP on healthcare which is less than even some developing countries. It should increase the funding and involve the private health practitioners.
|Download Quant Power Bank (1000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Reasoning & GI Booster -Power Bank Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|