|IB Security Assistant Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|SSC CGL,CPO,GD 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
|IBPS Clerk 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
|Quant Booster – A Complete Maths Shortcut Book (850+ Pages)||Download Now|
|Reasoning & GI Booster -Power Bank Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
Quiz on Average
1. A family consists of two grandparents, two parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. The average age of the family is
a) 32 2/7 years
b) 31 5/7 years
c) 28 1/7 years
d) 30 5/7 years
2. The average weight of A, B and C is 45 kg. If the average weight of A and B be 40 kg and that of B and C be 43 kg, what is the weight of B?
a) 31 kg
b) 28 1/2 kg
d) 30 1/2kg
3. If the average marks of three batches of 55, 60 and 45 students respectively is 50, 55, 60, what is the average marks of all the students?
4. The average age of husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. What is the present age of the husband?
5. The average weight of 8 person’s increases by 2.5 kg when a new person comes in place of one of them weighing 65 kg. What is the weight of the new person?
a) 75 Kg
b) 50 Kg
c) 85 Kg
d) 80 Kg
6. There are two divisions A and B of a class, consisting of 36 and 44 students respectively. If the average weight of divisions A is 40 kg and that of division b is 35 kg. What is the average weight of the whole class?
7. A batsman makes a score of 87 runs in the 17th inning and thus increases his averages by 3. What is his average after 17th inning?
8. A student needed to find the arithmetic mean of the numbers 3, 11, 7, 9, 15, 13, 8, 19, 17, 21, 14 and x. He found the mean to be 12. What is the value of x?
9. Arun obtained 76, 65, 82, 67 and 85 marks (out in 100) in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics. What is his average mark?
10. Distance between two stations A and B is 778 km. A train covers the journey from A to B at 84 km per hour and returns back to A with a uniform speed of 56km per hour. Find the average speed of the train during the whole journey?
a) 69.0 km /hr
b) 69.2 km /hr
c) 67.2 km /hr
d) 67.0 km /hr