130+ SSC CGL Previous Papers With Solution Free >> Download Now
|Download Quant Power Book (800+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
Quant Quiz On Mixtures & Alligations Day 23 Bag
Get English,Quant & Reasoning Tricks Book – Buy Now
- The ratio of A & B in a mixture is 8:1, 15ltr of mixture is taken out and same amount of B is added, now ratio become 4:3. Find the initial amount of A in the mixture (approx)?
- A shopkeeper sells his milk at cost price but he add some water and earn 16(2/3)% profit. Find the ratio of milk and water?
- There is 70ltr milk in a container. From this 7ltr of milk is taken out and added some quantity of water. This process is repeated two more times. Find the remaining milk in container?
- A man has to distribute Rs65 in a class of 50 students. He gives 1.5 rupee to boys and 1 rupee to girls each. Find how many girls are there in the class?
- In an alloy the ratio of copper and aluminum is 4:5 and in other alloy the ratio of copper and aluminum is 6:7. In what ratio these alloy should be taken to make ratio of copper and aluminum is 5:6?
A) 5 : 11
B) 11 : 5
C) 13 : 9
D) 9 : 13
E) 12 : 7
- In a bag there are three types of coins, 1rupee, 50 paisa and 25paisa in the ratio of 5:10:24. There total value is Rs208. The total number of coins is?
- 400gm of sugar solution has 30% sugar in it. How much sugar should be added to make it 50% in the solution (in gm)?
- A mixture of certain quantity of milk with 15ltr of water is sold at 80paisa/ltr. If pure milk be worth Rs1.10 per ltr. How much milk is there in the mixture?
A) 50 ltr
B) 40 ltr
C) 60 ltr
D) 70 ltr
E) 30 ltr
- A merchant borrowed Rs3500 from two money lenders. For one loan he paid 14% p.a and for other 18% p.a. the interest paid for one year was Rs525. How much did he borrow at 18%p.a?
- How many kg of salt at42 paisa per kg must a man mix with 25kg of salt at 24 paisa per kg, so that he may on selling the mixture at 40 paisa per kg, gain 25% on the outlay?
- A shopkeeper sells two types of books national books and international books .He sells national books at Rs. 18 / book and incurs at loss of 10% whereas on selling the international books at Rs. 30 / book ,he gains 20 % .Find the ratio of the national and international books such that he can gain a profit of 25% by selling the combined books at 27.5/ book ?
- One test tube contains some acid and another test tube contains an equal quantity of water .To prepare a solution , 20 g of the acid is poured into the second test tube .Then , two –third of the so- formed solution is poured from the second tube into the first .If the fluid in the first test tube is four times that in the second ,what quantity of water was taken initially ?
A) 90 g
B) 70 g
C) 154 g
E) 180 g
- Two brands of detergents are to be combined . Detergent A contains 40 % bleach and 60 % soap . While detergent B contains 25 % bleach and 75% soap . If the combined mixture is to be 35 % bleach .What % of the final mixture should be detergent A?
- A thief has stolen 15 L of beer from a container and replaced with the same quantity of water .He again repeated this process 3 times .Thus the ratio of the beer become 343 :169 .Find the initial amount of beer in the container .
A) 90 L
B) 120 L
C) 140 L
D) 110 L
E) 80 L
- A tank which contains a mixture of syrup and water in ratio 15:6. 25.5 litres of mixture is taken out from the tank and 2.5 litres of pure water and 5 litres of syrup is added to the mixture. If resultant mixture contains 25% water, what was the initial quantity of mixture in the tank before the replacement in litres?
- Ram covered a distance of 200km in 10 hrs . The first part of his journey is covered by auto ,then he hired a car .The speed of the auto and car is 15 km/hr and 30 km /hr resp. Find the ratio of distance covered by auto and car .
A) 3 : 4
B) 2 : 1
C) 1 : 1
D) 2: 3
E) None of these
- 9 L are drawn from a cask full of water and it is then filled with milk , 9 L of mixture are drawn and the cask is again filled with milk .The quantity of water now left in the cask to that of the milk in it is 16 : 9 .How much does the cask hold ?
A) 30 L
B) 45 L
C) 35 L
D) 50 L
E) 42 L
- If 2 kg metal , of which (1/3) is zinc and the rest is copper , be mixed with 3 kg of metal , of which (1/4) is zinc and the rest is copper . What is the ratio of zinc to copper in the mixture ?
A) 11 : 43
B) 15 : 37
C) 17 : 43
D) 23 : 74
E) 18 : 52
- Vessels A and B contain mixtures of milk and water in the ratios 4 : 5 and 5 : 1 resp .In what ratio should quantities of mixture be taken from A and B to form a mixture in which milk to water is in the ratio 5 : 4 ?
A) 5 : 2
B) 7 : 5
C) 6 : 11
D) 8 : 5
E) 9 : 4
- Two barrels conatin a mixture of ethanol and gasoline is 60% in the first barrel and 30% in the second barrel .In what ratio must the mixtures from the first and the second barrels be taken to form a mixture containing 50% alcohol ?
E) 2 :1
- A mixture of a certain quantity of milk with 15ltr of water is sold at 100 paisa per ltr. If pure milk be worth Rs 1.15ltr, then how much milk is there in the mixture?
- In a mixture of 75ltr the ratio of milk to water is 2 : 1. The amount of water to be further added to the mixture so as to make the ratio of milk to water 1 : 2 will be?
- A container contained 60ltr milk. Out of this 6ltr of milk was taken out and replaced with water. This process was further repeated two times. How much milk is now in container?
- In an alloy zinc & copper are in the ratio of 1 :1. In the second alloy the same element are in the ratio 3 : 5. If these two alloys be mixed to form a new alloy in which two elements are in the ratio 2 : 3, find the ratio of these two alloys in the new alloy?
- In a class of 20 students the average of their marks is 59. If one student left the class then average become 60. Find the marks of that student?
- If the sum of 5 consecutive odd number is 265. Then the largest number would be?
- In a bag there are three types of coins, 1rupee, 50paisa, 25paisa in the ratio of 5:10:16. The total value is Rs 700. The total number of coins is?
- A can contain a mixture of two liquids P & Q in proportion 3 :5. When 8ltr of mixture are drawn off and the can is filled with Q, the proportion of P & Q becomes 3:7. How many ltr of liquid P was contained in the can initially?
- 300 ltr of mixture contains 20% water in it and rest is milk. The amount of milk that must be added so that the resulting mixture contains 90% milk is?
- 8kg of tea consisting Rs240 per kg is mixed with 9kg of tea costing Rs25o per kg. The average price per kg of the mixed tea is ?
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|