|SSC CGL,CPO,GD 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
|IBPS Clerk 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
|Quant Booster – A Complete Maths Shortcut Book (850+ Pages)||Download Now|
|Reasoning & GI Booster -Power Bank Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
Development of education will play a key role in the overall progress of any nation or state in particular. In this light, state government of Maharashtra has announced a new scheme, targeted towards students, who are pursuing professional courses. These courses are cost intensive and many families fail to gather necessary funds. From now on, Maharashtra government will step forth to help these families. The name of this educational grant scheme is Rajarshee Shahu Educational Fee Scholarship Scheme.
Key features of the scheme
- Development of students – The main aim of this program is to offer financial support to poor families, so that they can support their children to pursue their higher education dreams, mainly in professional sector.
- Total number of beneficiaries – It has been estimated that after its official implementation in the state, as many as 5 lakh applicants will be directly benefitted. They will be able to acquire their educational dreams without worrying about money.
- Payment of fee – The state government will pay 50% of the total fee. The rest needs to be paid by the applicant. But slashing the fee by 50% is a huge relief.
- Issuance of GR – For attaining additional Rs. 114 crore for medical candidates, a special Government Resolution or GR will be issued as soon as possible.
- Transfer of funds in institute’s account – The 50% of the fee that each candidate will get from the state will be directly transferred into the bank account of the institute, in the name of the applicant.
Eligibility for application
- Residential criterion – Only those applicants will be able to apply and get the scholarship that is legal residents of Maharashtra. Others will not be allowed to receive this grant.
- Academic criterion – As mentioned by the state, only those students will be able to get this grant if they are pursuing any professional course, for example, engineering, medical or other skilled programs.
- Income related criterion – If the annual income of the parents of the applicants is more than 8 lakhs, then they will fail to receive this scholarship. The grant will offer financial support to economically weak families.
- Academic year related criterion – Only those applicants, who have joined during the current academic year, i.e. 2018 – 2019 will be allowed to apply for this financial assistance.
- Private and government college students – No distinction will be made based on the type or affiliation of the educational institute. It means candidates, studying in private as well as state-run professional institutes will be allowed to apply and receive this grant.
Documents required for application
- Residential documents – The state has designed and launched this scheme only for the betterment of those applicants, who are permanent residents of Maharashtra. So, submission of legal residential papers is a must.
- Identification documents – All applicants will have to provide proper documents, which will provide details about their identification for scrutiny.
- Educational certificates – As the scheme is only for those candidates who take admission in a professional course, it is mandatory for them to furnish their course related documents.
- Aadhar card – It is mandatory for all applicants to submit a photocopy or scanned copy of their Aadhar Cards. It will allow respective scrutiny officers to cross-check all details, before offering the scholarship.
- Certificate from respective collage – As the scheme will only allow those candidate who have entered the institute during academic year 2018 – 2019, they need to submit certificate of admission, provided from the institute itself.
- Income certificate of parents – As there is an income related criterion, all applicants have to submit a legal certificate that highlights the overall annual income of his/her parents.
Course under the scheme
During the official announcement, the minister said that this scheme will include all professional courses. Thus, students studying to get engineering or medical degrees, under any stream will be able to apply for this educational betterment scheme. Overall, 605 different courses has been highlighted under this new scholarship program.