RBI Officer Grade B Exam Pattern
RBI Officer Grade B Exam Pattern 2016 – Reserve Bank of India, the mother bank with all governmental holdings, conducts the qualifying examination to select candidates for the Grade B posts in its various offices of the country. There has been a significant change in the RBI Officer Grade B Exam Pattern 2016 which this article tries to bring out to the candidates who are toiling hard to get into the biggest bank of the country.
Details as per the RBI Officer Grade B Exam Pattern 2016
The RBI will be conducting the RBI Officer Grade B Exam 2016 in three stages namely Phase I, Phase II followed by an Interview. The candidates appearing for every next stage will be subject to their qualification in the previous Phase. This article has been designed to give insight to the candidates on every details of the RBI Officer Grade B Exam Pattern 2016.
General features of the RBI Officer Grade B Exam Pattern 2016
- The examination will be conducted in the online Format.
- While the Phase I examination will be objective in nature, the Phase II of the examination will have some descriptive questions for which the candidates will need to type answers using the key board.
- There will be negative marking in the objective Paper which will be equal to ¼ of the marks allotted for every correct response. However, there won’t be any deduction for a question not attempted.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2016 for Phase I
Some of the features of this Phase of selection are as follows:
- This will be a thoroughly conducted objective examination for which the candidates will have to mark the answer using the mouse. No use of key board is allowed.
- For every question 1 mark will be allotted and for every wrong response ¼ of the marks will get deducted.
- There will be a total of 200 questions carrying 1 mark each which means the total marks allotted in the exam will be 200 marks.
- The candidates will get 120 minutes or 2 hours to solve all the questions.
- There will be 4 sections in the examination and the candidates can start from any section.
Following is the RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2016 for Phase I
|Name of the section||Number of questions asked||Marks allotted for the section|
|Total||200 questions||200 Marks|
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2016 for Phase II
RBI has recently made changes to the examination pattern by adding a phase II examination for overall selection. The candidates who qualify in the Phase I examination will take the Phase II examination. Some of the features of this Phase II are as follows:
- This phase will have both descriptive and objective questions. The candidates will have to write answer using key board for the descriptive paper. The English Paper will be descriptive in nature.
- This phase will consist of three papers out of which two will be compulsory and one will be optional.
- The compulsory papers are Paper 1 – ‘English Language’ and Paper 2 – ‘Economic and Social Issues’.
- The optional paper will be Paper 3 which will have options in the following subjects:
- Finance and Management
- There will be a total of 3 sections in the examination of 100 marks each. The candidates will get 270 minutes or 4 hours 30 minutes to solve all the questions.
- There is no negative marking in this section.
Complete RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2016 for Phase II is as follows
|Name of the Paper||Type of the Paper||Time allotted for each Paper||Marks allotted for each Paper|
|Paper 1||Economic and Social Issues||Objective Type questions||90 minutes||100 marks|
|Paper 2||English (Writing Skills0||descriptive||90 minutes||100 marks|
|Paper 3||Optional subject||Objective Type questions||90 minutes||100 marks|
|Total||270 minutes||300 marks|
Phase 3: Interview
The candidates will be called for a personal interview on the basis of their result in the Phase II of the examination. The RBI will decide the minimum marks required for the eligibility of candidates for the Interview Test.
Based on the Phase II result and the Interview, the final merit list will be drawn and the appointment will be made accordingly.
|GovernmentAdda Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test Series 2018|