SSC CGL Study Material Book Free PDF >> Download Now
|Quant Booster – A Complete Maths Shortcut Book (850+ Pages)||Get Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern In Detail
RBI has just released the official notification for Assistant Exam 2017! The much awaited recruitment notification of RBI Assistant 2017 exam is now out to fill 623 vacancies this year. Since the exam sees lakhs of applications every time it takes place, you can expect the competition to be tough this year too. To beat such heavy competition, you need to start your preparation without wasting any time. Your first step should be to thoroughly understand the new RBI Assistant exam pattern 2017!
Although the exam pattern of RBI Assistant Prelims 2017 remains the same, RBI has introduced 2 major changes in the pattern of RBI Assistant Mains exam. The 2 major changes are:
- There’s now sectional time limit in the Mains exam. Earlier there was composite time limit for all the sections.
- As a result, you cannot switch between sections now.
- Earlier, the total time for RBI Mains exam was 2 hours whereas, this this year you get 2 hours 15 minutes (if you sum up the sectional time limit for each section RBI Assistant Mains)
- Also, note that last year the interviews were scrapped and replaced by a Language Proficiency test. This year too, you will have to appear for a Language Proficiency Test (LPT) after you clear the 1st 2 stages i.e. RBI Assistant Prelims and RBI Assistant Mains.
Let’s take a look at the detailed exam pattern and the major changes in it, phase by phase. Read further to know more about RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2016-17.
The New RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
According to the revised scheme of RBI Assistant Exam Pattern for 2017 Recruitment, the online examination will be conducted in two phases, i.e. Preliminary and Main examination. Candidates who qualify in Preliminary examination will be shortlisted for the Main examination. Your selection will be decided on the basis of Mains examination, only.
The new pattern is as follows:
|Name of Tests||No. of
|Max marks||Total Time|
|English Language||30||30||1 Hour|
II. Mains Examination:
|Name of Tests||No. of
|Max marks||Total Time|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
The Mains exam will be conducted within 2-3 weeks of the Prelims paper. And, 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer, in both Prelims and Mains exam!
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern – LPT
As after your selection, you will be posted on public interface counters (i.e. you need to interact with the public directly), thus you need to appear for a Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
As the name suggests, this is test to test your proficiency in your Regional language. The regional language is the local language of the region where you will be posted. Apart from the above changes, RBI has also withdrawn its official list of candidates who had cleared the exam earlier. The date for the LPT is yet to be announced. Here are some more points about the LPT:
- Once you clear the RBI Assistant Mains exam, you will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT).
- The language proficiency test will be in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned (Annex-IV).
- If you are not proficient in the Official/Local Language, you would be disqualified.
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern – Final Result
Moreover, the RBI will make the Final List based on the following criteria:
- overall performance based on Mains marks
- performance in Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
- reservation requirements
- medical fitness
- submitting acceptable documentary evidence in relation with:
-Caste Certificate, etc.
- Important Points about the RBI Assistant exam:
- The above main online tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- You will have to pass in each of the objective tests of the online examinations
- You have to qualify in Preliminary Examination for appearing in Main Examination.
- Roll No. of the candidates successful in preliminary online examination will be made available on RBI’s website in December 2017. The Roll No. of candidates successful in main online examination will be available on RBI’s website and a brief notice thereof will be published on the Bank’s website in January 2018/ February 2018.
- Final selection will be on the basis of candidate’s performance in the online main examination, biometric verification and Language Proficiency Test taken together in order of merit.
- Appointment of selected candidate will be subject his/her being declared medically fit as per the rules of the Bank.
To Clear Rbi Assistant Exam You Must Buy Below Books
To Clear English Sections You must Have English Tricks Book Buy Now From Here
To Clear Quantitative Aptitude Section You must Have Quantitative Aptitude Tricks Book Buy Now From Here
To Clear Reasoning Section You must Have Reasoning Tricks Book Buy Now From HereBuy Now
To Clear Computer Awareness Section You must Have Computer Awareness Book Buy Now From HereBuy Now
Puzzles & Seating Arrangement Short Tricks Book
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|