130+ SSC CGL Previous Papers With Solution Free >> Download Now
|Download Quant Power Book (800+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
Best RBI Grade B Study Plan for Mains Exam 2018
RBI Officer Grade B Study Plan. Are you ready for the Mission RBI Grade B 2018? We hope you all have been preparing so well for this RBI Grade B Prelims & Mains 2018 Exam. If you are serious about cracking RBI Grade B Mains 2018, then you should put in all your effort towards it. Studying hard is required but studying smart is what can bring you success!!!!
RBI Grade B is conducted by the Reserve Bank of India for the recruitment of Grade B officers at their branches. The primary duties of a Grade B Officer in RBI involve Managing the Government and Central Bank Accounts, maintaining circulation of currencies and Keeping a check on inflation.
If you have not seen the RBI Grade B Prelims Exam Strategy & Study Plan than -> Click Here
Exam Pattern for RBI Grade B Mains – Phase II:
Read the given table carefully to find details about Subjects, type of Papers, Duration, Marks, etc about Phase II of RBI Grade B Exam:
|RBI Grade B Exam Pattern – Phase II|
|Name of Paper||Type of Paper||Time (Minutes)||Marks|
|Paper-I: Economic & Social Issues||Objective Type||90||100|
|Paper II: English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive (typing)||90||100|
|Paper-III: (Finance & Management)||Objective type||90||100|
- You will appear for Phase II of RBI Grade B exam only after you clear the Phase I or the Prelims exams.
- The Phase II or Mains exam will be carried out in either 1 or 2 days.
- *The Optional Subjects for RBI Grade B Exam will be as follows:
- Finance & Management
- You will have to select any 1 subject out of the 3, as per post preference and eligibility.
- This exam will also be taken Online.
RBI Grade B Officer 2018 Syllabus for Phase-II (Mains)
Paper-I – RBI Grade B Syllabus Economic and Social Issues –
Growth and Development –
- Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
- Sustainable Development and Environmental issues
Economic Reforms in India-
- Industrial and Labour Policy
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Role of Economic Planning
- Opening up of the Indian Economy
- Balance of Payments
- Export-Import Policy
- International Economic Institutions
- IMF and World Bank –
- Regional Economic Co-operation
Social Structure in India
- Demographic Trends
- Urbanisation and Migration
- Gender Issues
- Social Justice
- Positive Discrimination in favour of the underprivileged
- Social Movements
- Indian Political System
- Human Development
- Social Sectors in India
- Health and Education
- World Development Report
- Economic Survey of India
Paper-II -RBI Grade B Syllabus English (Writing Skills) –
The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic.
Paper-III -Finance and Management –
(a) Financial System
- Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions
- Reserve Bank of India- functions and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
(b) Financial Markets
- Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity,etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments.
(c) General Topics
- Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap
- Changing Landscape of Banking sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, the role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector.
- The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM),
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI – components and trends.
- Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling;
- The Role of a Manager in an Organisation. Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
- Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal – Potential appraisal and development – Feedback and Performance Counselling – Career Planning – Training and Development – Rewards – Employee Welfare.
- Motivation, Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
- Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
How to prepare for the RBI Grade B Phase – 2 (Mains) Exam?
Paper-I: How To Prepare Economic and Social Issues :-
The syllabus of this exam is only indicative not exhaustive .so you just need to have basic and subject knowledge of topics you don’t need to do Ph.D. in topics, basic knowledge and understanding of topics is enough. Some aspirants opting for academically heavy books like Dutt and sundaram for Economy .remember Guys you don’t have to read the books you have to read the topics. So always keep the syllabus in front of you and preparation should be topic wise not book wise. The material which we have read and we are going to recommend you is might be looking lengthy but believe us it will hardly take 20-days if you read it topic wise according to syllabus.
Here we are dividing strategy in two stages. We think most of us didn’t read basic books so first we need to drink some bournvita and eat some almond in our starter before moving to main course.
1.Basic understanding: sectors of economy, concept of money and development To get the Basic idea about GDP, GNP, Public Debt, IIP, FII etc. -NCERT Class10(understanding economic development)
2.Now Understand: Socialism, Communism, Capitalism, LPG (liberalisation, globalisation, and privatisation), and Green Revolution etc. NCERT: Class11 (Indian economic development)
3.Finally: microeconomic concepts of supply and demand, elasticity etc. (without going to in mathematical details) NCERTClass12: Macro Economy : money and banking, role of RBIetc. (without going to in mathematical details)
After you’re done with basic foundation, time for main course doing selective topic wise study from IGNOU B.A. booklets and Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh .these books are written in very well structure and simple language any one even non-economic background guy can understand their language easily.
1.For Economic Reforms in India – Industrial and Labour Policy – Monetary and Fiscal Policy Privatisation – Role of Economic Planning. Globalization – Opening up of the Indian Economy ,Balance of Payments, Export Import Policy.
2.B.A. (Economics) Booklets: They will help you cover various topics such as SEBI, Indian Economy Balance of Payments, and Export Import Policy
3.For International Economic Institutions – IMF and World Bank WTO-read IGNOU BA books or Google it and read from official sites or Use Gaurav Aggarwal’s (UPSC-2013 topper) economics notes.
If still any topic remain use Wikipedia, google books etc.
NCERT Economics Books CLASS 10,11 & 12 (can be downloaded free from official sites) IGNOU BA Economics Booklet (can be downloaded free from internet)GAURAV Aggarwal’s notes and Official sites study of RBI and International Economic Institutions .Mrunal’s Economy and economic survey (latest) videos –Highly Recommended.Use TMH GS manual for practicing economy MCQ’s or economics MCQ’s of UPSC Pre standard for worst case Magazines-RBI Bulletins and YOJNANews Papers- The Hindu & Mint or Economic TimesIndia Year Book.
PS: -This material is standard (NCERT & IGNOU) you can get every piece of knowledge required for the exam. Don’t go for reference books (provided in RBI Syllabus) they are academic books have very depth knowledge. You just need to clear an exam not to do Ph.D. in the subject so these heavy books should be avoided and remember just do topic wise study. And also don’t buy any readymade book for RBI Grade B preparation it’s just waste of your money. Read topics the best you can get from.
Paper II – How To Prepare English
This paper can be the deciding factor in your selection, if you choose to act complacent and do not prepare for this exam. The range of marks awarded in English for 2017 was from 55 to 82. That is huge. Since you will be in a position to answer all the questions in this paper (unlike ESI & FM), your target should be to maximize your marks in English. And the key to that will be practicing. You should aim to score minimum 65-70 in this paper.Only Essay, Precise Writing and Comprehension will be asked in section. Go through editorial pages of The Hindu, Indian Express and EPW. Practice writing essays only on the selected topics govt.schemes, social issues, banking related etc. Also practice precising Writing for the same.
Paper III – How To Prepare Finance and Management:
Mostly people take Finance and management in paper III as optional subject. The main reason behind it overlapping of topics and in above sources (Paper-1 Recommendations) you’ll find plenty of material overlapping with Finance, and remaining topics are from current bills, schemes and finance institutions working. So let’s jump directly on management section. Again authentic IGNOU source and management portion is like story book and does not require so much application.
Leadership theories, Formal and informal communication, Theories of motivation, Motivation and morale, For HR topics and recruitment, training, performance appraisal, rewards and incentive Management etc. IGNOU M.A. (Public Administration) course human resource management.
Principal of management-PC Tripathi IGNOU Booklet-Financial Administration Internet Blogs and some Official sites YouTube Channels (UnAcademy etc.)‘s Public Administration section Newspaper-The Hindu & Mint or Economic times Magazines- RBI Bulletins & YOJNA.
Economic Survey, Budget , News Paper-most important sources for this paper are Economic Survey of India and Budget of the respective year. Read Economic Survey cover-to-cover, as it will help in gaining a perspective of economic situation of our country.And Newspaper is very crucial during the whole journey of your preparation because the current affair related part of ESI reading newspapers will help a lot. These all will cover 80% of the ESI.
Apart from that several resources which will be helpful for you are-
- RBI Speeches-use RBI website for reading speeches, bulletin, annual report etc. to be in touch of latest happenings.
- NITI Aayog Recent Reports- Selective
- Pratiyogita Darpan Indian Economy yearly edition released after Union Budget(Not Mandatory)
At last we will say that you have to make your own path. You can not know beforehand whether it will lead you to your destination or not. But what we can assure you is that your own unique strategy will work far better for you than that of a topper or anyone else who has cleared the exam.
Our advice to you is that listen to everyone but find your own way. Take calculated risks, rely on your strengths, improvise when needed and give it your best shot!
|RBI Grade B Exam All Detail Articles||Direct Link|
|RBI Grade B Officer Recruitment 2018 , Notification, Exam Dates||Click Here|
|RBI Grade B Previous Year Question Papers PDF Download||Click Here|
|RBI Grade B Previous Year Cutoff Marks : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014||Click Here|
|RBI Grade B Officer Exam Pattern and Syllabus in Detail||Click Here|
|Best Books For RBI Grade B Preparation PDfs : Phase 1 & Phase 2 ESI, FM, Reasoning, English, Quant, GS||Click Here|
|How to crack RBI Grade B Phase 1 Exam : Preparation Strategy | Study Plan||Click Here|
|How to crack RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam : Preparation Strategy | Study Plan||Click Here|
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|