SSC CGL Study Material Book Free PDF >> Download Now
|Quant Booster – A Complete Maths Shortcut Book (850+ Pages)||Get Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
SBI Clerk 2018 Exam FAQs – Everything you need to know!
As SBI makes the official notification for recruitment exam of clerk in 2018, we bring to you exam FAQs for reference. These SBI Clerk 2018 FAQs are brought to you by Oliveboard, an online exam preparation platform for banking and government exams.
SBI Clerk 2018 Exam FAQs – Post, Vacancies & Fees
- How many vacancies are announced by SBI?
SBI has announced 7200 vacancies for the post of clerk.
- When will the exam registration start?
The SBI Clerk 2018 registration has started on 20th January and will end on 10th February 2018.
- How to apply for the exam?
You can apply for SBI Clerk Recruitment Exam through Online mode only. To apply for SBI Clerk Exam, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website: https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers – Recruitment or Junior Associates
- Pay the Application fee online using Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/Cash Cards/Wallets, etc.
- Use a valid email ID that should be kept active till the declaration of results.
- Keep a scanned photograph and signature ready as per requirements mentioned in the official notification
- Submit the Application Form
- Take out the Print Out of the Application Form for future reference
- What is the application fee for SBI Clerk 2018 exam?
- What are the modes of payment? Pay the Application fee online using Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/Cash Cards/Wallets, etc.
- When is the SBI Clerk exam scheduled?
The SBI Clerk prelims will be held on March/April 2018; dates not announced yet. The mains exam will be on 12th May, 2018.
Note: These dates are tentative, and SBI reserves the right to change these at a later stage.
SBI Clerk 2018 Exam FAQs – Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
- What is the age eligibility criteria for the exam?
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Age limit is 20 – 28 years. This is relaxed for various categories as per regulations
- What is the minimum educational qualification required?
- Graduation in any discipline with minimum aggregate of 50% marks
- A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized university or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
- Candidates applying for post in a recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
- What is the selection process?
There has been a slight change in SBI Clerk selection process this year. There will not be any sectional or overall cut-offs for the preliminary examination. The selection process is as follows:
Preliminary Exam –> Mains Exam –> Provisional Allotment -> Test of Specified Opted Language Test.
- What is the SBI Clerk 2018 Prelims Exam Pattern?
- What is the SBI Clerk 2018 Mains Exam Pattern?
- Is the exam bilingual?
The questions in objective tests, except for General English will be bilingual – English & Hindi.
- Is there negative marking in the exam?
Yes, there will be negative marking for wrong answers in the Prelims and Mains. 1/4th of the marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- What is test of specified opted local language?
Those who qualify for selection and produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be subjected to any language test. In case of others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language test will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining, Candidates not found to be proficient in specified opted local language would be disqualified.
- Is there any interview in SBI Clerk 2018?
There is no interview process in SBI Clerk 2018.
- What is the cut-off for the exam?
There has been a slight change in SBI Clerk selection process this year. There will not be any sectional or overall cut-offs for the preliminary examination.
- What is the exam syllabus for SBI Clerk 2018?
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning||Computer Knowledge||English||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Machine Input/Output||Basics of computer, different generations, hardware/software, etc.||Reading comprehension including Synonyms and Antonyms||Current Affairs – news on banking industry, awards and honors, books and authors,latest appointments, obituaries, new schemes of central and state governments, sports, etc.|
|Number Series||Syllogism||DBMS||Sentence rearrangement or Para jumbles||Static GK – country-capital, country-currency, headquarters of financial organizations (of insurance companies), constituencies of ministers, dance forms, nuclear and thermal power stations, etc.|
|Data Sufficiency||Blood Relation||Networking||Sentence Correction/ Error Finding||Banking/Financial terms|
|Data Interpretation||Direction Sense||Internet||Spell Checks|
|Quadratic Equations||Inequalities||MS Office and Shortcuts used in MS Officers||Fillers|
|Time and Work||Puzzles – Seating Arrangement, Floor puzzle, etc.||Input/output Devices, their types||Cloze Test|
|Partnership||Coding Decoding||Important abbreviations|
|Profit and Loss||Ranking|
|Mensuration||Statement and Assumptions /Conclusions|
|Time, Distance and Speed – Trains, Boats n Streams|
|Simple and Compound interest|
|Mixture and Alligation|
|Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Averages|
SBI Clerk 2018 Exam FAQs – Profile, Promotions & Salary
- What is the job profile of an SBI Clerk?
A bank clerk is the first point of contact for any customer to address his inquiries and to provide guidance. As an SBI Clerk, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Customer Interaction: Handling doubts and queries
- Verification and signing of documents, countersigning and clearing cheques and drafts
- Back-office work like ledger maintenance, balance tallying, data entry
*Note that the above list is not exhaustive or definitive and is meant to give you an idea of what the job would be like.
- What is the initial salary of an SBI Clerk?
The pay-scale of an SBI Clerk is: 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1- 30230-1310/1-31450
The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around ` 23600/- per month inclusive of D.A. and other allowances at the current rate. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
The perks are: Provident Fund, Gratuity, Pension under New Pension Scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit Scheme), Medical, Leave fare and other facilities.
Hope these answer your questions. If you have any further questions, feel free to mention in the comment section below.
Now, Gear Up for the SBI Clerk 2018 Exam with Oliveboard Mocks!
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|