|Download Quant Power Book (800+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
All of you must be aware about that every year Staff Selection Commission of India conducts SSC CGL exam for various B grade as well as C grade level posts and you also know that lakhs of candidates apply for these posts, but very few numbers of lucky candidates get selected.
SSC CGL 2017 best study time table
So you can understand that every year there is a huge competition ,one more thing every year lakhs of students are passing out from colleges and increasing competition .They start searching for a good salary job and everybody wants a good government job for safety and security of his/her future. For this SSC CGL is a good exam for those who want to become a Government officer in India.
SSC CGL offer different types of posts like Income Tax Inspector ,Excise Inspector, Examiner, Asst. in Ministry of external Affairs , Asst. CSS ,CBI etc., these are the very few names which i am mentioning here .
But to get any of these posts you have to fight with Lakhs of candidates who appeared every year .If we compare data of last three years candidates numbers are increasing, in 2011 around 80000 candidates appeared ,2012 around- 10 lakhs, in 2013- 12 lakhs And So On Competition Increasing .
SSC CGL 2017 best study time table
Here list of posts are given below. According to this list You can Decide for Which Post you want to apply.
|Category||List of Posts|
|Interview Posts In SSC CGL 2017||1-Assistant in CSS – 4600
2-Assistant in CVC – 4600
3-Assistant in IB – 4600
4-Assistant in Ministry of Railway – 4600
5-Assistant in MEA – 4600
6-Assistant in MEA (Cypher) – 4600
7-Assistant in AFHQ – 4600
8-Assistant in Other Ministries/Department – 4600
9-Assistant in Other Ministries/Department Rs. – 4200 (GP)
10-Income Tax inspector in CBDT – 4600
11-Central Excise Inspector – 4600
12-Inspector in Preventive Examiner – 4600
13-Inspector AEO in DEDR – 4600
14-Sub-Inspector in CBI – 4200
15-Inspector of Department of Post – 4200
16-DA in CAG – 4200
17-Statistical Investigator in MPI – 4200
18-Central Bureau of Narcotics – 4200
19- Sub Inspector in national Investigation Agency ( NIA)
|Non Interview Posts In SSC CGL 2017||1-Auditor in CAG – Group C – 2800 Grade pay
2-Auditor in CGDA – Group c- 2800
3-Auditor in CGA and other – Group c- 2800
4-Accountant/ Junior Accountant – CAG- Group c- 2800
5-Accountant /Junior Accountant – CGA and other – Group C – 2800
6-Upper division Clerk – Central government Offices – 2400
7-Tax Assistant – CBDT – Group C- 2400
8-Tax Assistant- CBEC – Group C – 2400
9-Compiler – Registrar General of India – Group c – 2400
10-Sub – Inspector – Central Bureau of Narcotics – Group C – 2400
Pattern of SSC CGL Exam
The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Tier -I – Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier -II – Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier -III – Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Tier -IV – Data Entry Skill Test(DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test(CPT) (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
SSC CGL is a Two Tier structure Exam in which you have to pass Both of the Stages . From this Year Onwards there will be No Interview for SSC CGL 2016 .There will be No Interview for Government Jobs from January, 1 2016
Not All Government Jobs, Interview is abolished only for Non-Gazetted posts including D,C and B posts, where there is no requirement of personality test
SSC CGL 2017 TIER-I PATTERN & SYLLABUS
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
|Total||100 Questions||200 Marks|
So there are 100 questions consisting of 200 Marks. SSC CGL Study plan
- Time Duration is 75 minutes (1:15 hours) for 100 questions.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I Exam.
NOTE: “Final Merit will be drawn based on Marks of Tier 1, Tier II, Tier III (Descriptive Type Paper). There will be NO Sectional Cut Off in Tier 1.”
SSC CGL 2017 TIER-II PATTERN & SYLLABUS
|4||General Studies(Finance and Economics)||100=(60+40)||200|
|1||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
- Time Duration is 120 minutes (2 Hour) for Each of the Papers.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer.
NOTE:- Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts. Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr. II & Compiler & Paper IV is only for Assistant Audit Officer..
Paper-IV will be for those candidates who have applied for the post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) in C&AG. The said paper would comprise two parts i.e., Finance and Accounts for which there would be 40 questions carrying 80 marks and Economics and Governance which would have 60 questions carrying 120 marks. In all there would be 100 questions carrying 200 Marks with each question carrying two marks
Will there will Interview for SSC CGL 2016 Exam?
- The No Interview for Govt Jobs will come into effect from 1st January 2016 and the Notification for CGL 2016 is expected and most probably after 1st Jan, 2016
- That means, there will be no interview for CGL 2016 exam as this Exam includes Group B and Group C posts. Abolishment of Interviews in SSC CGL 2016 is a good news for those, who had missed the Jobs by small margin or fewer marks.
- Now Main focus Area is Clearing Both the Stages of SSC CGL 2016 Exam. Some may be in doubt about interview abolition . So Guys you do not need to worried about Whether Interview is Abolished or not for SSC CGL 2016 . This Doubt Will be clear on 13 February 2016. SSC Will Release Notification on 13 February 2016 .
Subjects weightage In SSC CGL
|subject||Tier – 1 Marks||Tier -1 Weightage||Tier 2 Marks||Total Weightage T1+ T2|
|Arithmetic||50||25 %||200||41.7 Percent|
|English||50||25 %||200||41.7 Percent|
|Reasoning||50||25 %||0||8.3 Percent|
|General Awareness||50||25 %||0||8.3 Percent|
|Total||200 Marks||100 Percent||400 Marks||100 Percent|
- There is a Negative Marking for attempting wrong Answer – 0.25 per Question
- Till now in SSC CGL there is no sectional cut- off but You should be ready, at any time SSC can implement sectional cut-off
What to prepare and how to prepare for SSC CGL Exam –
Part -1- How to Prepare General Intelligence & Reasoning for SSC CGL 2017
- This is an area where every candidate can score more than 40 Marks. General Intelligence and reasoning is a highly scoring area in the SSC CGL exam. Every candidate with a simple practice can score high in this area. General Intelligence and reasoning can be classified in two parts –
- Verbal Reasoning And second Part is Non – verbal reasoning with simple practice you can learn all basic concepts related to Verbal And Non- Verbal Reasoning. Some of the Questions are same every year like Mirror Image, Water Image, Matrix, etc.
- By Solving previous years papers you can easily understand what types of Questions are SSC asking in Exam .Dear Students one more point like IBPS in SSC CGL reasoning level is not very high. In SSC CGL You will not find any twisted Question .so without any fear practice as much as you can. once you understand all the basic concepts of reasoning it will be easy to walk in Exam .Reasoning section is only in Tier -1.
- Now come to main point how to prepare and Which books you Should study –
- There are so many Books which We you can use for preparation like R.S. Agarwal, Kiran Parkashan , Previous Years papers are Enough for you for reasoning
The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as –
- Seating Arrangements,
- Statement and Conclusions,
- Blood Relations,
- Series problems,
- Data sufficiency,
- Assumptions and Directions.
Part-2 How to prepare English Language And Comprehension for SSC CGL 2017
- Another important part in SSC CGL is English Language and comprehension.
- This is one of the most important part in this exam after Maths .Because English play an important role in Both Tier 1 And Tier -2 -In tier 1 -its weightage is 50 Marks out of 100 and In Tier -2- 200 Marks out of 400 Marks .
- Total weightage is 250 out of 600 Marks .
- I hope you understand that how much important is this part . one more thing about this part is ,this is one of the high scoring area in SSC CGL .
Main area from which questions can be asked
- English comprehension
- Cloze -Test
- One Word substitution
- Idioms And Phrases
- Error finding
- sentence Improvements
Now come to point – How to prepare this area.
- For this area you have to make a plan according to your Strength And weakness. Which area is your stronger and which area is weaker . According to me for SSC CGL first of all start reading a English newspaper daily .Because it not only improve your English but it also improve your General Knowledge. While reading a newspaper note down important words from paper in a notebook. After 1 or 2 months you will see change in your English.
- Try to learn Daily 10 to 15 words from any Book. Learning only will not help you because when you will learn new words after some time you will forget some words so when you memorize any word try to relate with any place ,person etc. Now come to next point that is one word substitution and idioms and phrases ,.These two topics are my most favorite area .because once you memorize these, you are securing 10-15 marks Guaranteed.
Part-3- How to prepare for SSC CGL GENERAL AWARENESS 2017
- This is a very difficult part for all candidates because in this part there is no Guarantee how much you are going to score .In this part you cannot predict from which area they are going to ask questions.
- In this area SSC mostly ask Questions from History , Geography, science ,Environment ,National and International current affairs etc.
- If i speak frankly there is no book which can give guarantee about good score in this area .General awareness is a vast area.
- But one thing helps you that is science. Science is favorite area for SSC. Out of 50 questions almost 20 questions comes from science.
- So, to score good marks in General awareness you should thoroughly learn science.
- Every year they ask 5 to 6 questions from Economics also.
Part- 4- How to Prepare for Quantitative Section for SSC CGL 2017
- This is most important area or you can say this is deciding area for you. This area decides your job chances.
- Mathematics play an important role whether you will get job or not. Because out of 600 marks 250 marks comes from this area.
- You will face Quantitative abilities in both stage .So if you want to succeed in this exam try to solve as much as questions from this area by understanding basic concepts. One more point, never try to use short tricks in early stage because it will not help you in Exam.
- First step should be try to understand concept of questions and try to solve Questions. Once you become master in all chapters and have a basic understanding about all basics and concepts now you can start using short tricks .
Important Note-SSC CGL 2017
After reading above parts now you can understand that English and Mathematics are most important parts . Out of 600 Marks 500 Marks questions comes from these area. So try to solve as much as questions from these areas.
- Numerical Ability,
- Time and Distances,
- Speed and Distances,
- Algebra and Trigonometry Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles
- Regular Polygons
- Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base
- Trigonometric ratio
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Standard Identities
- Complementary angles
- Heights and Distances
- Frequency polygon
- Bar diagram & Pie chart
Best time Table for prepare SSC CGL 2017
How to start my preparation for SSC CGL 2017- Best Techniques
- This is most common question asked by every one -How to start my preparation? To Know How to Prepare for SSC CGL 2016 Know Your Syllabus.
- To start preparation first of do one thing that is prepare a Strengths and Weaknesses chart. what are your strengths and weaknesses. After that make a list of all topics which you want to prepare.
- Before going ahead one thing i want to tell you that if you are new in this area then you should be confident and should have fighting spirit because future is uncertain.
- You may experience some ups and downs while preparing for exams.
- If you are new then give 5 to 7 Days in Memorizing important terms and formulas or if you are already preparing for any exam then you can pick any topic and start preparing.
- Your study should be target study. Set a target for that day what do you want to solve that day and complete that topic on particular day.
- Never left for tomorrow because tomorrow never comes.
How to make my Time table and how many Hours I should study?
- Answer of this Question is totally simple – It Depend on person to person How many hours he or she Study.
- If you Are extraordinary then 4to 5 hours are enough.
- If you are not Extraordinary then you have devote 7 to 9 Hours per day at least for starting 2- 3 months .
- After that you will be at good level in knowledge.
- Now come to another important point that is how to make my time table ?
First of all take 5 A4 size page and write down all topics mentioned in SSC syllabus.
- On page one write down all topics related to general knowledge
- On second paper related to English
- On Third paper- Quantitative Abilities
- On Fourth Page – Reasoning.
- On fifth page write down how many hours you want to study per day .
For example –
- 2 Hours- English
- 2 Hours – Gk
- 2 Hours Reasoning
- 3 Hours – Mathematics.
After every 2 hour try to take a 15 minute break .This is 9 hours schedule .
If you are thinking that 9 hours are a long schedule then you are making a mistake because many students studying day and nights .
If you want to beat competition and want to become winner then work hard as much as you can.
Important note –
Never think preparing for exam is a load on you. if you are having this type of mentality then cracking any exam is going to be difficult for you . Just enjoy like a happy journey. Never take pressure .
- Revision is most important part for cracking any Exam. Never think that you have solved each topic 2 or 3 times now you are master on these topics .Try to solve as many questions. If you are doing revision regularly then you can easily find out where you stand in preparation.
- Try to solve Mock test on regular basis.
- Buy any Book which has Mock test and solve them.
- One more thing never try to guess questions because it will not always work. Many student try to solve all questions which is a suicide attempt.so never try to solve all Questions because now days all Exam has negative marking.
- Always attempt only those Questions about which you are sure.
- Daily solve one Mock test within 110 Minute.
- If you can buy then buy OMR sheet from market and practice on it.
- Your first target should be math and English.
- Try to do Meditation, Prayer,. It will not only relax you but also will give you positive energy.
- Never try to argue with anyone .when you argue with some one it not only destroy your positive energy but also make you Aggressive.
- Always try to remain calm.
- Always eat healthy food and do not eat fast food.
- GO for walk or exercise daily.
Time management for attempting all sections of paper –
- This is a important part for every candidates who is appearing for SSC CGL.
- Always make a table for attempting sections, which section you want to attempt first -second – third- Fourth.
- Always take 15 Minutes for General Knowledge
- 20 Minutes for English
- 35 Minutes for Reasoning ,Remaining time for Mathematics-
- Always keep 8-20 minutes time for filling OMR sheet Boxes
One more last thing — Never under estimate yourself .If you want to achieve something than work hard. Do not listen others what they say.
! Thank You!