130+ SSC CGL Previous Papers With Solution Free >> Download Now
|Download Quant Power Book (800+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
SSC CGL Previous Years GK Question Paper Set – 4 (Solved) – 4- July – 1999 – Second Sitting
Q1. Which statement on the Harappan Civilisation is correct?
- Horse sacrifice was known to them.
- Cow was sacred to them.
- ‘Pashupati’ was venerated by them.
- The culture was not generally static.
Q2.The First Tirthankara of the Jains was :
Q3. The great silk-route to the Indians was opened by :
Q4. The capital of the Yadava rulers was :
Q5. The first Indian selected for Indian Civil Service was :
- Surendra Nath Banerji
- Sarojini Naidu
- Lala Lajpat Rai
- R. Das
Q6. The system of communal electorate in India was first introduced by :
- Indian Council Act of 1892.
- Minto-Morley reforms of 1909
- Montagu-Chelmsford reforms of 1919
- Government of India of 1935
Q7. The chief advocate of Fascism was :
- Adolf Hitler
- Robert Owen
Q8.India is considered as a ‘Republic’ mainly because :
- the head of the State is elected.
- it gained independence on 15th August 1947
- it has its own written constitution
- it is having a Parlia-mentary form of Government.
Q9. Parliamentary form of Government is also known as :
- Responsive Government
- Responsible Govern-ment
- Federal Government
- Presidential Government
Q10. The minimum age of the member of Rajya Sabha is :
- 25 years
- 21 years
- 30 years
- 35 years
Q11. How many members of the State Legislative Council are elected by the Assembly?
- 1/6 of the members
- 1/3 of the members
- 1/12 of the members
- 5/6 of the members
Q12. One feature is common to the following bodies. Find it out.
Supreme Court, Election Commission, UPSC, Office of CAG
- They are advisory bodies.
- They are extra constitutional bodies
- They are controlled by legislature.
- They are constitutional bodies.
Q13. The asteroids revolve round the Sun in between:
- Earth and Mars
- Mars and Jupiter
- Jupiter and Saturn
- Saturn and Uranus
Q14. Extensive deserts occur in the western tropical regions of continents because :
- of easterly trade winds.
- cold ocean currents flow along the western coasts.
- of the effect of both the offshore easterly trade winds and cold ocean currents.
- the rate of evaporation is greater along the western margin areas.
Q15.The sea bed sloping gradually and bordering the continent is known as :
- Continental Shelf.
- Continental Platform.
- Continental Slope.
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|