|Download Quant Power Book (800+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
SSC CGL Previous Years GK Question Paper Set – 6 (Solved) – 4- July – 1999 – Second Sitting
Q1. Dehydration in human body is caused due to the loss of :
Q2. Which of the following is the largest living bird ?
Q3. In the case of test tube babies
- egg is fertilized in the uterus.
- embryo completes its development in a test tube.
- embryo is placed in uterus after 2 months.
- egg is fertilized outside mother’s body.
Q4. The age of trees is determined by its :
- growth rings
- general appearance
Q5. Kidney disease in man is caused by the pollutant :
Q6. Fruits of this plant are found underground :
Q7. A rare and endangered animal in Silent Valley is :
- Musk deer
- Lion-tailed macaque
Q8. From where was India’s multipurpose telecommunication satellite INSAT-2E launched ?
Q9. Girish Karnad is :
- A well known playwright and actor.
- A recipient of Gnanpith Award
- The President of the Film and Television Institute of Indian Society.
- All the above.
Q10. The book “The God of small things” is written by :
- Pupul Jayakar
- Sobha De
- Shekhar Kapoor
- Arundhati Roy
Q11. ‘Na Khatam Honewali Kahani’ (The never ending story) is an autobiography of :
- N. Seshan
- Amitabh Bachchan
- Sonia Gandhi
- P. Singh
Q12. The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade was replaced by:
- North American Free Trade Association
- South Asian Free Trade
- World Trade Orgaisation
- None of these
Q13. Nine timeWimbledon Champion of Women’s Singles Match in Tennis is :
- Mary Joe Fernandaz
- Jana Novotna
- Iva Majoli
- Martina Navrotilova
Q14. The district Primary Education Programme—a Centrally Sponsored Programme in India is supported by :
- International Monetary Fund
- World Bank
- Japanese Government