|150+ RRB NTPC Previous Solved Papers PDF||Free Download Now|
|RRB NTPC Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|RRB NTPC Free Mock Test||Attempt It Now|
|Quant Booster eBook – A Complete Maths Shortcut eBook||GET Book Now|
|SSC CGL,CPO,GD 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
SSC CHSL Syllabus and Exam Pattern – All Tier
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) recently released a notification about the Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam. The exam will be held to recruit Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators, Lower Divisional Clerks and Court Clerks. Tentatively, the vacancies for the post of Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC, DEO and Court Clerks.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Descriptive Paper (Tier II)
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- You can write the paper either in Hindi or in English.
- Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
- Your performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Tier I
The examination will consist of a Computer based Written Examination (Tier -I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III) Examination for the post of Data Entry Operator, Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant (PA/SA), Lower Division Clerk and Court Clerk.
Computer Based Examination (Objective type):
|Part||Subject||Max Marks||Total Timing|
|50||75 minutesForVH/OH afflicted
by Cerebral Palsy
OH with deformity
in writing hand
– 100 minutes)
- The written examination consists of Objective Type – Multiple choice questions, only.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-I, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Skill Test (Tier III)
- Tier-III of the Examination would continue to be the Skill Test / Typing Test which would be of a qualifying nature.
- Note: Your final would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Computer Based Written Exam (Tier-I)
SSC CHSL Syllabus: General Intelligence
Both verbal and non-verbal type questions. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation ,Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/Number Classification, Drawing inferences ,Figural Classification ,Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding , Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
SSC CHSL Syllabus: English Language
Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting Mis -spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
SSC CHSL Syllabus: Quantitative Aptitude
Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal ad Fractions, Relationship between numbers
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc.
Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart
SSC CHSL Syllabus: General Awareness
Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
Note: For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability and opting for SCRIBES there will be no component of Maps/Graphs/Diagrams/Statistical Data in the General Intelligence & Reasoning / Quantitative Aptitude.
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
Tier-II Paper of CHSL 2016 will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper Mode The duration of the paper would be for one hour (20minutes extra will be provided for candidates with VH/OH afflicted by Cerebral Palsy, OH with deformity in writing hand). This paper has been introduced to assess your writing skills. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200 -250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
- You have to write the paper either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Tier-III Exam
Tier-III of the Examination would continue to be the Skill Test/Typing Test which would be of a qualifying nature. The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II.
Skill test for Data Entry Operator:
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The ‘Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/key depressions as per the given passage.
- Duration of the said Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions would be given to you to enter in the Computer.
VH/OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy) and OH with deformity in writing hand (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 35 minutes including compensatory time 20 minutes for the skill test.
The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test would be of qualifying nature. If allowed to take this test, you will have to qualify the test at the prescribed speed on Computer, to be provided by the Commission or the agency authorized by the Commission to conduct such skill test at the Centre/venue so notified.
On securing at least the minimum qualifying marks in the Computer based written examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II), as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, you will be called for skill test. The Commission may also at its discretion, fix qualifying marks in each component of the written examination.
- Provided that candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, OBC, ExS and PH may be called for the Skill Test by the Commission by applying relaxed standards if the Commission is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates of these categories are not likely to be available for the skill test on the basis of qualifying criteria for general category candidates in order to fill up the vacancies reserved for these categories (i.e. SC, ST, PH, ExS and OBC).
- On qualifying the Skill Test at a speed of not less than 8000 key depressions per hour, you will be eligible for being recommended for appointment as per their position in the merit list.
- None of the candidates (including PH candidates) who qualify in the written part of the examination will be exempted from the Skill Test as passing of the skill test is a precondition and one of the essential qualifications for appointment to the post of Data Entry Operator.
The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional Offices or other centers as may be decided by the Commission.
We hope that this article clears all your doubts about the SSC Junior Engineer Exam. However, if you have any doubts then please feel free to comment below.
|GovernmentAdda Recommends||Online Tyari Mock Test|
|RRB Group D Speed Test Attempt Now||Attempt Now|
|Railway RRB Pshyco Complete Package||Get It Now|
|SSC CHSL, CGL Mock Test (1 free+30 Paid)||Attempt Now|
|RRB JE Free Study Material PDF Books||Free Download Now|
|FCI Free Study Material PDF Books||Free Download Now|
|SSC JE Free Study Material PDF Books||Free Download Now|
|Download Quant Power Bank (1000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Reasoning & GI Booster -Power Bank Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|