SSC GD Constable 2017: The Staff Selection Commission will soon release the notification for GD Constable Exam to recruit candidates against the post of GD Constable in BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP, SSB, SSF, NIA and rifleman in Assam rifles. SSC GD constable 2017 recruitment shall be done on the basis of PET / PST, Written Examination and Medical Test. Only those candidates, who qualified in written exam, will be eligible for medical test and those candidates who clear medical test will be appointed for GD Constable Posts.
SSC GD Constable 2017 Exam: Important Dates
|1||Release of Application Form||(new date will be notified soon)|
|2||Last Date to Apply||(new date will be notified soon)|
|3||Release of Admit Card for PST/PET||February 2017|
|4||Date of PST/PET||March 2017|
|5||Result of PST/PET||April 2017|
|6||Release of Admit Card for Written Exam||May 2017|
|7||Date of Written Exam||15 July 2017 to 22 July 2017|
|8||Result of Written Exam||August 2017|
|9||Release of Admit Card for Medical Test||September 2017|
|10||Date of Medical Test||October 2017|
|11||Result of Medical Test||November 2017|
SSC GD Constable 2017 Recruitment Exam: Details
- Name of the Exam: SSC GD Constable 2017
- Full Form of SSC GD Constable: Staff Selection Commission / General Duty – Constable
- Exam Conducting Body: Staff Selection Commission
- Exam Level: All India
- Total Number of Vacancy: 57,000
- Exam Mode: Offline & Online (need to choose by candidate)
- SSC GD Constable Salary 2017: Grade Pay – Rs. 2000, Gross Salary – Rs. 20,200
SSC GD Constable 2017: Force Wise Vacancy
|Vacancies for Male Candidates|
|Forces||SC||ST||OBC||GEN||Total No. of Vacancy|
|Vacancies for Female Candidates|
|Forces||SC||ST||OBC||GEN||Total No. of Vacancy|
SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria 2017: Details
SSC GD constable exam eligibility criteria 2017 can divided into various sub sections like educational qualification, age limit and the nationality, all criteria given below:
- Minimum 10th pass from a recognized board.
- Required age limit for the SSC GD Constable is 18 to 23 years, date of birth proof may be provided thru the birth certificate or class 10th passing certificate. The upper age limit relaxation provided to SC, ST, OBC candidates.
|S.No||Category||Max Age Limit|
|3||Ex-Servicemen (GEN)||26 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||29 years|
|5||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||31 years|
|6||Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (GEN)||28 Years|
|7||Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (OBC)||31 Years|
|8||Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (SC/ST)||33 Years|
|9||Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (GEN)||28 years|
|10||Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||31 years|
|11||Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ST)||33 years|
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Height: For Male – 170 cms and For Female – 157 cms.
- Chest: For male only – Unexpanded: 80 cms
- Weight: For males and Females: Proportionate to height and age.
- 165 cms for male and 155 cms for female, those candidates who belong to Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the State of Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir.
- 162.5 cms for male and 150 cms for female, those candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribes (ST).
- 162.5 cms for male and 152.5 cms for female, those candidates who belong to North Eastern State of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura.
- 160 cms for male and 147.5 cms for female, those candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribe of North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and Left Wing Extremism affected districts, Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA).
- 78 cms unexpanded for male candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States of Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir.
- 76 cms unexpanded for all male candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes (ST).
- 77 cms unexpanded male candidates from North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura and Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA).
SSC GD Constable Application Form 2017: Important Dates
|1||Release of Online Application Form||(new date will be notified soon)|
|2||Last Date to Apply||(new date will be notified soon)|
How to fill the SSC GD Constable Online Application Form 2017?
Procedure to fill Online Application form given below:
- Firstly, click on the direct link “apply online here” provided above.
- Now, application form window will open.
- SSC GD Constable Online Application Form 2017 is divided into two parts i.e. Part-1 and Part-2 Registration.
- Begin with the Part-1 Registration in which candidates need to fill all the relevant details such as Candidate Name, Education, Date of Birth, Category, Email ID, Address, Mobile Phone Number etc.
- After filling the required details in the Part- 1, click “I agree” button.
- In Part-2 registration requires filling payment details, uploading photograph and scanned signature.
- Candidates have to pay the requisite fee thru E-challan or SBI Net Banking or any Credit/ Debit Card.
- Upload a recently taken photograph in JPG format. The digital size of the file must be less than 12 kb and greater than 4 kb with the resolution of 100 pixel width by 120 pixels height.
- Upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of the file must be less than 12 kb and greater than 1 kb with the resolution of 140 pixel width by 60 pixels height.
- Take the print out of your submitted application form for further reference.
- Commission will send acknowledgement thru SMS/E-mail to candidates regarding the successfully completion of online registration.
SSC GD Constable Online Application Fee 2017
Candidates are required to make payment of Rs.50 as application fee, candidates can either pay application fee thru offline or online. The fee will not be applicable for female, SC, ST, PH candidates:
- For online fee payment candidates can pay thru Net Banking or credit/debit card. Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate will have to provide registration number and date of birth in order to continue to Part-2 registration.
- For offline fee payment candidates can make it thru E-challan which can be submitted at any branch of SBI. To pay fee in cash, candidate should take a print out of challan generated online after the completion of part-1 registration. Deposit the fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration.
SSC GD Constable Selection Procedure 2017
The selection process for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2017 mention below:
- 1st Step: Physical Standards Test / Physical Efficiency Test
- 2nd Step: Written Examination (Objective Type)
- 3rd Step: Medical Test
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) this test is just qualifying in nature and it will not carry any marks still it is necessary to pass in order to move further in the selection process.
|For Male candidates||For Female candidates|
|Race||5 Km in 24 minutes||1.6 Km in 8 minutes|
For candidates of Ladakh Region:
|For Male candidates||For Female candidates|
|Race||1.6 Km or 1 Mile in 6 minutes||800 meter in 4 minutes|
SSC GD Constable Written Exam Pattern 2017
- The question paper will have 4 parts namely (Part-A) General Intelligence & Reasoning, (Part-B) General Knowledge & General Awareness, (Part-C) Elementary Mathematics and (Part-D) English/Hindi.
- Each Part carries 25 marks and 25 questions i.e. paper containing 100 questions carrying 100 marks.
- Questions paper will be objective type.
- Duration of the exam is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Matriculation level questions will be asked in the Exam.
- The online examination will be in English & Hindi only. Offline examination will be in English, Hindi and other Regional Languages.
- Candidates need to choose online or offline mode of the examination while filling up the application form.
Summary: SSC GD Constable Written Exam Pattern 2017
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||
|B||General Knowledge & General Awareness||25||25|
Medical Test / Medical Examination
|Visual AcuityUnaided||Uncorrected VisualAcuity||Refraction||Colour Vision|
|Near Vision||Distant Vision|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6 / 6||6 / 9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses||CP-2|
Candidates Must Not Have:
- Knock knee
- Flat Foot
- Varicose Vein
- Squint in Eyes
Note: X-Ray & Blood Test, etc shall be conducted only for such candidates who found fit after passing all the level of medical test.
SSC GD Constable Written Exam Syllabus 2017
Part A: General Intelligence & Reasoning
Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
Part B: General Knowledge and General Awareness
Questions in this section will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
Part C: Elementary Mathematics
This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
Part D: English/Hind
Candidate’s ability to understand Basic English & Hindi, basic comprehension would be tested.
SSC GD Constable Admit Card 2017: Important Dates
|1||Release of Admit Card for PST/PET||February 2017|
|2||Date of PST/PET||March 2017|
|3||Release of Admit Card for Written Exam||May 2017|
|4||Date of Written Exam||15 July 2017 to 22 July 2017|
|5||Release of Admit Card for Medical Test||September 2017|
|6||Date of Medical Test||October 2017|
3 Admit Cards will be Released for SSC GD Constable Exam 2017
- 1st admit card for PST/ PET will be released by CRPF.
- 2nd admit card for Written Examination will be released by SSC.
- 3rd admit card for Medical Test will be released by CRPF.
Note: Admit card will be send by post only to offline mode candidates but still they can download their admit card online as well.
Procedure to Download SSC GD Constable Admit Card 2017
- First of all, click on the direct link which is provided above on this webpage.
- Enter the required information such as Application Number and Date of Birth etc.
- After filling required details, your admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, candidates can download the SSC GD Constable Admit Card 2017.
- Take a print out of the admit card.
When SSC GD Constable Admit Card not Issued or Sent to Candidates
If any candidate is unable to download his/her admit Card in that case he/she must immediately contact the concerned regional/sub regional office of the SSC with details like registration id, fee transaction id, copy of challan (if applicable) etc.
SSC GD Constable Admit Card / Hall Ticket 2017: Essential Details
1. The admit card of SSC GD Constable 2017 will carry vital information such as candidate name, exam name, exam code, exam centre address , date and time of the exam, category, candidate Photo, etc.
2. Some other important instructions for candidates:
- On the day of written exam, candidates must carry one original Identity Proof such as Driving Licence, Voter ID Card, Adhar Card etc.
- Mobile phone and all other communication device & accessories are prohibited within the premises of examination centre.
- On the day of written exam, candidates should bring 3 passport size colour photographs.
Expected SSC GD Constable Cut Off 2017
- General: 36% – 41%
- SC/ST/OBC: 34% – 38%
SSC GD Constable Cut Off 2015
- General: 35% – 39%
- SC/ST/OBC: 33% – 36%
State Wise Cut Off 2015 (Male Candidate)
|1||Andaman & Nicobar||36||33||*||*||35|
|8||Dadar & Nagar Haveli||35||*||*||35||35|
|9||Daman & Diu||37||37||*||*||35|
|15||Jammu & Kashmir||43||33||40||35||35|
State Wise Cut Off 2015 (Female Candidate)
|1||Andaman & Nicobar||48||*||*||*||35|
|8||Dadar & Nagar Haveli||*||*||*||*||*|
|9||Daman & Diu||*||*||*||*||*|
|15||Jammu & Kashmir||35||33||33||33||35|
SSC GD Constable Cut Off 2017: Deciding Factors
It is helpful to know about the factors on which the Cut off is going to be based, cut off deciding factors given below:
- Numbers of candidates
- No. of vacancy
- Complexity level of question paper
- Marking Scheme
How to Check SSC GD Constable Cut Off 2017?
- Visit the official website of SSC.
- Now, click on the link, related to GD constable cut off 2017.
- Cut off will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, candidates can check the cut off according to their category.
SSC GD Constable Result 2017: Important Dates
|1||PST/PET Result||April 2017|
|2||Written Exam Result||August 2017|
|3||Medical Test Result||November 2017|
SSC GD Constable Result 2017: Stages
SSC will announce 3 results for PST/PET, written exam and final medical test:
- Candidates who clear the PST/PET will be short-listed for Written Exam.
- Candidates who qualify in the Written Exam will be called for Medical Test.
- Final Result – Candidates who successfully qualify in the Medical Test will be appointed for GD Constable Posts.
SSC GD Constable Result 2017: Vital Details
- Commission will release separate result list for Male and Female candidates.
- The SSC GD constable result 2017 will be available in the “PDF” file containing name and roll number of the qualified candidate.
How to Check SSC GD Constable Result 2017?
- Firstly, click on the direct result link provided above or visit the official website of SSC.
- Now candidates need to fill required details like application number, roll number and Date of Birth.
- Thereafter result will be displayed on your screen in “PDF” format.
- Now, find your roll number by using “Ctrl+F” if your roll number is there you selected otherwise you rejected.