|IB Security Assistant Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|SSC CGL,CPO,GD 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
|IBPS Clerk 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
|Quant Booster – A Complete Maths Shortcut Book (850+ Pages)||Download Now|
|Reasoning & GI Booster -Power Bank Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
As we all know that now a day’s in All Banking Exams and other competitive exams most of the English Sections were taken from Editorial pages. So it is essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of English vocabulary. So here we are presenting you Vocabulary from “The Hindu”.
1. Chastisement (N):- a rebuke for making a mistake, a verbal punishment.
Synonyms: chastening, correction, castigation
Uses: The government then took this chastisement(verbal punishment) and ran wild.
2. Interlocutor (N):- a person who takes part in a conversation.
Symonyms: conversational partner
Uses: The government’s interlocutor(middle man), R.N. Ravi, confirmed to a local daily that the August 3 agreement was indeed a ‘framework agreement’.
3. Unconsummated (Adj):- not consummated (especially of a marriage),
Synonyms: imperfect, unfinished
Uses: an unconsummated marriage can be annulled
4. Hitherto (Adj):- used in negative statement to describe a situation that has existed up to this point or up to the present time.
Synonyms: as yet, heretofore, so far, thus far, til now, until now, up to now, yet
Uses: Before John learned to fly an airplane, he had hitherto been afraid of heights.
5. Brimming (Adj):- filled to capacity.
Synonyms: brimful, brimful
Uses: a child brimming over with curiosity
6. Provenance (N):- where something originated or was nurtured in its early existence
Synonyms: birthplace, cradle, place of origin, provenience
Uses: India is the provenance of many cultures.
7. Convalesce (V):- get over an illness or shock.
Synonyms: recover, recuperate.
Uses: India’ll need to convalesce for several years to forget about terrorist attack at various places in Mumbai.
8. Conjecture (V):- to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds.
Synonyms: hypothecate, hypothesise, hypothesize, speculate, suppose, theorise, theorize.
Uses: The jury rejected the attorney’s conjecture about the defendant’s motive because of a lack of evidence.
9. Apocryphal (Adj):- being of questionable authenticity; able to be refuted
Synonyms: questionable, confutable, confutative, refutable.
Uses: If a politician says things you doubt are true, you might describe his words as questionable.
10. Accentuate (V):- to stress, single out as important.
Synonyms: accent, emphasise, emphasize, punctuate, stress
Uses: The little girl wore a bright pink bow to accentuate her adorable ponytails.