|150+ RRB NTPC Previous Solved Papers PDF||Free Download Now|
|RRB NTPC Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|Quant Power Maths Short Tricks Book (3000+ Question)||Free Download Now|
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|SSC CGL,CPO,GD 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
As we all know that now a day’s in All Banking Exams and other competitive exams most of the English Sections were taken from Editorial pages. So it is essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of English vocabulary. So here we are presenting you Vocabulary from “The Hindu”.
1. Spatial (Adj):- pertaining to or involving or having the nature of space.
Uses: the first dimension to concentrate on is the spatial one
2. Realm (N):- a domain in which something is dominant.
Synonyms: kingdom, land
Uses: the rise of the realm of cotton in the south.
3. Expatriate (N):- a person who is voluntarily absent from home or country.
Synonyms: exile, expat
Uses: The poet was exiled because he signed a letter protesting the government’s actions.
4. Adulterate (V):- corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones.
Synonyms: debase, dilute, load, stretch.
Uses: If you want to adulterate your alcoholic drink, you should add some water to it.
5. Vanquish (V):- come out better in a competition, race, or conflict.
Synonyms: beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce
Uses: In the movies, the superheroes usually vanquish the villains.
6. Colloquial (Adj):- characteristic of informal spoken language or conversation; informally,बोलचाल की भाषा में.
Uses: Katherine Pierce use to wrote her letters in a colloquial style 🙂
7. Provenance (N):- where something originated or was nurtured in its early existence
Synonyms: birthplace, cradle, place of origin, provenience
Uses: India is the provenance of many cultures.
8. Convalesce (V):- get over an illness or shock.
Synonyms: recover, recuperate.
Uses: India’ll need to convalesce for several years to forget about terrorist attack at various places in Mumbai.
9. Conjecture (V):- to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds.
Synonyms: hypothecate, hypothesise, hypothesize, speculate, suppose, theorise, theorize.
Uses: The jury rejected the attorney’s conjecture about the defendant’s motive because of a lack of evidence.
10. Apocryphal (Adj):- being of questionable authenticity; able to be refuted
Synonyms: questionable, confutable, confutative, refutable.
Uses: If a politician says things you doubt are true, you might describe his words as questionable.
|RRB JE Free Study Material PDF Books||Free Download Now|
|FCI Free Study Material PDF Books||Free Download Now|
|SSC JE Free Study Material PDF Books||Free Download Now|
|Download Quant Power Bank (1000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Reasoning & GI Booster -Power Bank Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|