130+ SSC CGL Previous Papers With Solution Free >> Download Now
|Download Quant Power Book (800+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
As we all know that now a day’s in All Banking Exams and other competitive exams most of the English Sections were taken from Editorial pages. So it is essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of English vocabulary. So here we are presenting you Vocabulary from “The Hindu”.
1. Furlough (noun) – involuntary break, temporary leave.
2. Cessation (noun) – termination, stopping, discontinuation.
3. Encore (noun) – replay, repetition, repeat.
4. Seismic (adjective) – of/having great effects.
5. Congressional (adjective) – relating to a national legislative body of the US.
6. Dysfunction (noun) – problem; disruption.
7. Stem from (phrasal verb) – originate from, arise from, come from.
8. Partisan (adjective) – biased, prejudiced, one-sided.
9. Politicking (noun) – engagement in political activity.
10. Sign off on (phrasal verb) – give approval to.
11. Stopgap (adjective) – temporary, provisional, interim.
12. Hum (verb) – be busy, be active.
13. In question (phrase) – under discussion, under consideration, to be discussed.
14. Tide over (phrasal verb) – sustain, keep someone going, help/assist (someone in difficulty).
15. Fiscal gap (noun) – a measure of a government’s total indebtedness.
16. Hardline (adjective) – uncompromising, strict/tough, inflexible.
17. Clemency (noun) – mercy, leniency, forgiveness/forbearance.
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|