As we all know that now a day’s in All Banking Exams and other competitive exams most of the English Sections were taken from Editorial pages. So it is essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of English vocabulary. So here we are presenting you Vocabulary from “The Hindu”.
- Liberalism (noun) – a political philosophy founded on ideas of liberty and equality.
- Steep (adjective) – sharp, sudden, precipitate, rapid.
- Spare (verb) – release, free, excuse/pardon.
- Agony (noun) – pain, suffering, torment.
- Need of the hour (phrase) – some need/requirement/demand at a particular point of time.
- Resurgent (adjective) – rising again; increasing or reviving after a period of little activity/dullness.
- Champion (verb) – advocate, support, favour/uphold.
- Blueprint (noun) – model, plan, template/framework.
- Sell (verb) – convince, persuade, promote.
- Pro(business) (adjective) – supporting/favouring business.
- Liberal (adjective) – progressive, reformist, forward-thinking.
- Tangle (noun) – muddle, mix-up, a confused/complicated state.
- Nerve (noun) – anxiety, tension, nervousness.
- Nowhere (adverb) – not anywhere.
- Pragmatic (adjective) – empirical, realistic/actual, practical.
|GovernmentAdda Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test Series 2018|