|RRB ALP CBT 2 #1 Mock Test Series Get Now||Free Download Now|
|RRB Junior Engineer Best Mock Test Series||Free Download Now|
|RRB Junior Engineer Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|IB Security Assistant Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|NIACL AO Complete Free Study Material PDF||Free Download Now|
|SSC CGL,CPO,GD 2018 Study Material & Book Free PDF||Free Download Now|
As we all know that now a day’s in All Banking Exams and other competitive exams most of the English Sections were taken from Editorial pages. So it is essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of English vocabulary. So here we are presenting you Vocabulary from “The Hindu”.
- Windfall (noun) – bonanza, a large amount of money received unexpectedly, jackpot.
- Hydrocarbon (noun) – it is an organic compound consisting entirely of hydrogen and carbon which are the main components of petroleum and natural gas.
- Exploration (noun) – investigation, search, inspection (of an area for natural resources).
- Taking a leaf out of the book (phrase) – imitate, copy/reproduce, follow.
- Self-reliance (noun) – self-sufficiency, self-support, self-sustenance.
- Rally (noun) – recovery, upturn, improvement/rebound.
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries OPEC (noun) – an organization of nations that produce and sell oil and which tries to keep the price of oil at a suitable level.
- Onslaught (noun) – a large number of people; abundance, plethora.
- Shale industry (noun) – an industry of mining and processing of oil shale. shale is a fine-grained sedimentary rock in which natural gas is trapped underground.
- Spurt (noun) – a sudden burst, increase of activity.
- Feel the pinch (phrase) – suffer hardship, suffer adversity.
- Desist from (verb) – stop from, abstain, refrain, hold back.
- Rely on (phrasal verb) – depend on; resort to, bank on.
- Subsidy (noun) – grant/allowance, benefaction; financial assistance/support.
- Rationalise (verb) – streamline, make more efficient, hone/simplify.
- Undue (adjective) – excessive, extreme, immoderate.
- Hedge (noun) – protection, shield, guard.
|Download Quant Power Bank (1000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Reasoning & GI Booster -Power Bank Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|