SSC CGL Study Material Book Free PDF >> Download Now
|Quant Booster – A Complete Maths Shortcut Book (850+ Pages)||Get Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
As we all know that now a day’s in All Banking Exams and other competitive exams most of the English Sections were taken from Editorial pages. So it is essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of English vocabulary. So here we are presenting you Vocabulary from “The Hindu”.
- Gavel (noun) – a hammer (which an auctioneer uses).
- Nail (verb) – secure, take in.
- Trope (noun) – a significant manner, style, way.
- Buck (verb) – go against, contradict, defy.
- Bonanza (verb) – a large amount of money received unexpectedly, jackpot, award, reward.
- Unsung (adjective) – relating to a person who does great achievements but he is unknown/unacknowledged; uncelebrated, unacclaimed.
- Doughty (adjective) – determined, persistent, unfaulty.
- Roller-coaster ride (noun) – (figuratively) an experience with unexpected highs and lows, sudden and rapid changes in a short period of time.
- Attribute (noun) – quality, feature, characteristic/trait.
- Grit (noun) – courage, spirit, determination.
- Accent (noun) – emphasis, importance, priority.
- Fire (of) (noun) – energy, vigor, vibrancy/enthusiasm.
- Nerve-racking (adjective) – stressful, difficult, demanding.
- Raging (adjective) – stormy, strong, wild.
- Nurture (verb) – encourage, promote, foster.
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|