SSC CGL Study Material Book Free PDF >> Download Now
|Quant Booster – A Complete Maths Shortcut Book (850+ Pages)||Get Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
As we all know that now a day’s in All Banking Exams and other competitive exams most of the English Sections were taken from Editorial pages. So it is essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of English vocabulary. So here we are presenting you Vocabulary from “The Hindu”.
- Prevail (verb) – win through, triumph, succeed.
- Buoyancy (noun) – vigour/strength, high level of activity, growth.
- Shortfall (noun) – shortage, insufficiency, inadequacy/deficiency.
- Mop-up (noun) – final phase/finishing of an activity/action.
- Ease off (phrasal verb) – reduce, decrease, lessen.
- Fiscal consolidation (noun) – efforts/steps/strategies of the government to reduce the fiscal deficit and public debt.
- Fiscal deficit (noun) – the difference between total expenditure and total income of the government.
- Peg at (verb) – fix, set/hold down, limit (price, rate and etc at a level).
- War chest (noun) – money/fund set aside to use for business (for a particular activity at difficult times).
- Bridge the gap (phrase) – to have qualities of two different things and to link/connect/unite them together.
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|