As we all know that now a day’s in All Banking Exams and other competitive exams most of the English Sections were taken from Editorial pages. So it is essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of English vocabulary. So here we are presenting you Vocabulary from “The Hindu”.
- Sabotage (verb) – damage, spoil, impair/undermine.
- Appraisal (noun) – assessment, evaluation, judgement.
- Consensus (noun) – an idea or opinion that is shared by all the people in a group. agreement, concurrence.
- Abhorrent (adjective) – hateful, repellent, offensive.
- Impermissible (adjective) – unsatisfactory, inappropriate, unsuitable.
- Resort (to) (verb) – adapt, exercise, make use of, use/utilize.
- Arbitrary (adjective) – irrational, illogical, unjustified (personal whim/choice); (capricious/whimsical/unpredictable/impulsive).
- Breach (noun) – contravention, violation, breaking/non-observance.
- Ought to (modal verb) – must, should.
- Of sorts (phrase) – similar to/in a way, somewhat unusual.
- Subsistence (noun) – support, livelihood, survival/living.
- Cognisable (adjective) – perceptible; clearly identifiable.
- Void (adjective) – invalid, null, ineffective/cancelled.
- Subsist (verb) – continue, last, persist/endure.
- Penal (adjective) – disciplinary, punitive, corrective.
|GovernmentAdda Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test Series 2018|