130+ SSC CGL Previous Papers With Solution Free >> Download Now
|Download Quant Power Book (800+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
As we all know that now a day’s in All Banking Exams and other competitive exams most of the English Sections were taken from Editorial pages. So it is essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of English vocabulary. So here we are presenting you Vocabulary from “The Hindu”.
- Outweigh (verb) – supersede, offset, cancel out.
- Compensate for (verb) – make amends, make up, make reparation.
- Travesty (noun) – misrepresentation, distortion/perversion, poor imitation.
- Impersonation (noun) – travesty, mockery, imitation.
- Dissuade (verb) – discourage, deter, prevent/divert.
- Prospect (noun) – thought, idea; view/aspect.
- Belatedly (adverb) – later than expected; tardily.
- Hubbub (noun) – commotion, clamour; confusion/chaos.
- Encrypt (verb) – convert data/information into code; encode.
- Biometrics (noun) – metrics related to human (physical & behavioural) characteristics used for identification and access control.
- Embroider (verb) – elaborate, embellish, exaggerate.
- Obligatory (adjective) – compulsory, mandatory, statutory/binding.
- Ought to (modal verb) – must, should.
- Constitute (verb) – establish, form, organize.
- Comprehensive (adjective) – thorough/full, all-inclusive, complete.
- In place (phrase) – established, arranged, organized.
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|