|Download Quant Power Book (800+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
UIIC Assistant Preliminary Examination 2017 Strategy
So, to make your preparations even better and to help you make a headway in your career with a leading Public sector General insurance company which wholly owned by Government of India with a gross premium of more than Rs.16,000 Crores, i.e. UIIC., GovernmentAdda is providing you with a strategy to prepare for the Examination that is going to be held in not more than 18 days. As it is a rapidly growing company with more than 2100 offices and highest network in the non-life insurance industry throughout the country, one would like to have the privilege of working with it for sure.
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
The Preliminary Examination (Online Objective Test) for 100 marks, would be of ONE Hour duration and will consist of 3 sections as follows:
|S. No.||Name of the Test (not in sequence)||Type of test||Max. Marks||Version||Duration|
|1.||English Language Test||Objective||30||English||1 hour|
|2.||Reasoning Ability Test||Objective||35||English/Hindi|
|3.||Numerical Ability Test||Objective||35||English/Hindi|
Phase – II: The Mains Examination
The Main Examination (On-line Objective Test) for 250 marks, would be of TWO Hours duration and will consist of 5 sections as follows:
|S. No.||Name of the Test (not in sequence)||No. of questions||Max. Marks||Version||Duration|
|1.||Test of Reasoning Ability||40||50||English/Hindi||120 minutes|
|2.||Test of English Language||40||50||English|
|3.||Test of General Awareness||40||50||English/Hindi|
|4.||Test of Numerical Ability||40||50||English/Hindi|
|5.||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||50||English/Hindi|
Numerical Ability Test
- Attempt the questions on Quadratic Equations, Simplification and Approximation first and then going for Number Series.
- After having attempted maximum questions on the above-mentioned topics, go for Data Interpretation. The number of questions based on DI in the examination can range from 10 to 15. In every DI 3 questions are always doable and the rest two are a bit tricky and calculative.
- The remaining few questions will be based on miscellaneous topics like CI & SI, Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Partnership, etc.
- The average time to be spent on this section should be 25 minutes.
- The trick to attempt the maximum number of questions in Reasoning Section in minimum time is to attempt the difficult puzzles in the end.
- Start with the questions that are not in the form of puzzles, you can choose to start with questions based on inequalities, direction and distance, syllogism, coding decoding, alpha numeric series, and other random topics.
- Then try to start with puzzles that appear easy to be solved and proceed with moderate and difficult puzzles in a similar way. So, this is how you have to manage to attempt this section.
- Make sure that the time that you spend on solving this section doesn’t exceed 20 minutes.
English Language Test
- If you are good at vocabulary and reading then attempt the reading comprehension first and proceed with Cloze Test and other miscellaneous topics like Error Detection, Para Jumbles, Phrase Replacement, Double Fillers, etc. But if you are good at grammar, attempt Reading Comprehension in the end.
- The Reading comprehension too should be attempted in a way that you attempt questions based on vocab and phrases first and then the questions that need a deep penetration through the paragraphs.
- The important topics for cloze test are subject verb agreement, preposition and verbs. These topics may help you some other questions too that will be based on grammar. So make sure to have these topics at your finger tips when you are to attempt the examination.
- This section should be finished within a time limit of 15 minutes.