130+ SSC CGL Previous Papers With Solution Free >> Download Now
|Download Quant Power Book (800+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
The cabinet approved till 2020 eight schemes of home ministry for relief and rehabilitation of migrantsunder the umbrella scheme “Relief and Rehabilitation of Migrants and Repatriates”, including displaced families from Pakistan-administered Kashmir, Sri Lankan refugees, Bru families lodged in relief camps in Tripura, 1984 anti-Sikh riot victims, civilian victims of terrorist, communal and Maoist violence. The government will spend Rs 3,183 crore on these schemes in next three years over next three years. The eight schemes approved for continuance are already in operation, and the benefits under each will be extended to intended beneficiaries in accordance with the approved criterion.
- Grant of enhanced relief of Rs 5 lakh per deceased person, who died during 1984 anti-Sikh riots
- Central assistance for one-time settlement of displaced families from Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir (PoJK) and Chhamb settled in Jammu and Kashmir
- Rehabilitation package and upgradation of infrastructure of the Bangladeshi enclaves and Cooch Behar district in West Bengal after transfer of enclaves between India and Bangladesh under a land boundary agreement.
- Relief assistance to Sri Lankan refugees staying in camps in Tamil Nadu and Odisha
- Grant-in-aid to Central Tibetan Relief Committee (CTRC) for five years for administrative and social welfare expenses of Tibetan settlements
- Grant-in-aid to government of Tripura for maintenance of Brus lodged in relief camps of Tripura
- Rehabilitation of Bru/Reang families from Tripura to Mizoram
- Central scheme for assistance to civilian victims/family of victims of terrorist, communal, left wing extremism (LWE)-related violence
- Cross-border firing and mine and IED blasts on Indian territory are part of it.
- To enable the migrants and repatriates, who have suffered on account of displacement, to earn a reasonable income and to facilitate their inclusion in mainstream economic activities, the government, at different points of time, started these eight schemes.
- Meanwhile, about the repatriation of Bru refugee families (32,876 people) from Tripura to Mizoram, home ministry officials said in a briefing that they would be given a one-time financial assistance of Rs 4 lakh, a house and free ration apart from Rs 5,000 per month for two years as per an agreement.
- The cost of the entire exercise to rehabilitate Bru refugees will be Rs 435 crore till 2020-21.
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|