130+ SSC CGL Previous Papers With Solution Free >> Download Now
|Download Quant Power Book (800+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
|Download Reasoning General Intelligence Power Book (1200+ Pages)||Free Download Now|
1. CLAIRVOYANT (ADJECTIVE): intuitive, psychic
Synonyms: visionary, prophetic
Antonyms: real, moderate
You don’t need to be a clairvoyant to see how this is going to turn out.
2. CLIQUE (NOUN): group of friends
Synonyms: cabal, coterie
Antonyms: individual, personal
The organisation is run by a small clique of wealthy families.
3. COALESCE (VERB): blend, come together
Synonyms: consolidate, integrate
Antonyms: divide, disjoin
It is important for party members to coalesce to form a strong party.
4. APLOMB (NOUN): assurance
Synonyms: composure, equanimity
Antonyms: doubt, uncertainty
He took the news with undeterred aplomb.
5. APOCALYPTIC (ADJECTIVE): outstanding in revelation, prophecy
Synonyms: fateful, ominous
Antonyms: short- sighted
Insurance policies helps against apocalyptic outcomes.
6. BESTIAL (ADJECTIVE): brutal
Synonyms: barbarous, boorish
Antonyms: generous, humane
Because bullfights are so bestial, they are viewed as illegal acts.
7. ERUDITE (ADJECTIVE): well educated
Synonyms: literate, knowledgeable
Antonyms: ignorant, uneducated
Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar was an erudite person.
8. CAPITULATE (VERB): surrender
Synonyms: concede, bow
Antonyms: win, conquer
They capitulated to the enemy.
9. INTERVENTION (NOUN): armed interference
Synonyms: interference, invasion
Antonyms: retreat, surrender
Russia’s intervention in Ukraine has caused a lot of troubles.
10. DEPLORABLE (ADJECTIVE): unfortunate
Synonyms: terrible, distressing
Antonyms: excellent, brilliant
Many of them work under deplorable conditions
|Download English Power Book (2000+ Pages)||Free Download Now|