As we all know that now a day’s in All Banking Exams and other competitive exams most of the English Sections were taken from Editorial pages. So it is essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of English vocabulary. So here we are presenting you Vocabulary from “The Hindu”.
- Fuel (verb) – stimulate, intensify, support.
- Cease to exist (phrase) – expire, perish drop off/decrease.
- Spook (verb) – frighten, appal, shock.
- Prospect (noun) – outlook, promise, possibility.
- Broad-based (adjective) – wide-ranging, general.
- Monetary stimulus (noun) – an attempt by a government to make the economy grow faster by increasing the money supply (the amount of money in the economy).
- Gather steam (phrase) – increase in energy, momentum or impetus.
- World Economic Outlook (WEO) (noun) – a database contains selected macroeconomic data which presents the IMF staff’s analysis and projections of economic developments at the global level, in major country groups and in many individual countries. The WEO is released in April and September/October each year.
- Clock (verb) – achieve, attain, register.
- Cyclical (adjective) – recurrent, recurring, regular.
- Oblivious (adjective) – unaware, heedless, unconcerned.
- Derail (verb) – obstruct, impede, hinder.
- Debt (noun) – liability, financial obligation, borrowed capital.
- Prop up (phrasal verb) – support, assist, fund/finance.
- It is no secret that (phrase) – used to say something is well known.
- Unprecedented (adjective) – not done or experienced before.
- Inherent (adjective) – fundamental, basic, intrinsic.
- Liquidity (noun) – liquid assets; cash; (liquid asset is an asset which can be easily sold/converted into cash without losing its value).
|GovernmentAdda Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test Series 2018|
|SBI Clerk 2018: Take 30 Mocks. 1 Free Attempt Now|
|SBI PO 2018: Take 30 Mocks. 1 Free Attempt Now|
|SSC CHSL 2018: Take 30 Tests. 1 Free Attempt Now|
|RBI Grade B 2018: Take 25 Mocks. 1 Free Attempt Now|
|UPSC CSE 2018: Take a Free Test Attempt Now|